Re: TracFone Q & A Coming June 22

Yes, I am having the same problem.  I have had a tracfone for several years and bought my last one from QVC.  When I enter my zip for this phone, it says there is no service for my area.   I REALLY want this phone but I need to know why it says there is no service for my area.

Occasional Visitor

Does this new phone automatically transfer my contacts to the new phone?  Can you see the screen in the sunlight.....can't see the one now that I got from QVC?  I'm not seeing answers to a lot of the questions asked.  How come?  I thought that all questions were answered.  I'm already having a bad feeling about this.  I've had problems in the past with the last 3 phones we have gotten thru QVC.

New Contributor

I am just curious, I bought a tracfone several years ago from QVC for my son with the same deal offering triple everything for the life of the phone.

I just recently bought a year card for it...still works great...just thought an upgrade would be nice for a teenager...not ready to put him on my plan...lol

Can the phone number and all minutes, text, and gbs, be transferred to this new phone?

Thanks!

Mom22Angels

New Contributor

Looks like an interesting phone - but will I be able to activate the phone once I get it?  I live in zip 68347.  Last year ordered from TracFone a smartphone, had to return it because it could not be activated.  Whether it was the brand of phone, I don't know.

My wife and I both have TracPhones that was activated in this zip code.  Many years ago.

New Contributor

I have service with my existing phones, Just could not activate.  And TracPhone could/would not tell me why.

Super Contributor

I was looking at the preview of the Tracfone TSV for Wednesday. That Samsung is a very nice phone, I'm currently using a Moto E from Evine, bought it last year, great price, got the 1200 minutes for everything. I want to upgrade to this. The Moto E is nice, I really like this 5 inch.  It has Android Lollipop too. My Moto E has KitKat.. But I do hope they are honest with QVC watchers, the My Account app. is God awful, the widget  that is like a fuel guage for the phone is always having problems. It's terrible since they updated about 6 months ago. When you download the My Account app, the widget is added automatically. CS is not very good either. Forget about dealing with them on Facebook. I just hope that when they are presenting this on air that they show what the widget looks like now, and not the old widget. The top picture is the old widget, the bottom is the new widget Widget1.PNGwidget2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

For the area in which I live, I need a GSM based phone. When I did the zip code check, it said it was not available for my area. I then read the item description in detail and saw that it is a CDMA phone (think Verizon). We do not have both types of service in my town so I wlll be using my current TracFone which has triple minutes. I primarily text so having a full blown smart phone is not a necessity for me but I would consider a GSM version if provided.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

@Bigbear52, you don't need to use the my account app.  Set up an account on the TF website, then click on check balance.  You can use your PC, tablet, or phone's browser to do this.  If you have a CDMA phone, it will show your end date and buckets.  If you have a GSM phone, it will show an end date and give you directions to call *777*1#.  I have a GSM phone and saved the *777*1# number in my contacts.  When I want to know my buckets, I just dial it.  Easy peasy!  And no minutes are deducted for doing this.

Super Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Which OS will the tsv have?

The TracFone Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime will feature the Android Operating system, Android 5.0 Lollipop.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@GypsyKarma wrote:

I currently use the Tracfone ZTE Valet 665 with triple talk/text/data. If I purchase a newer  smart Tracfone with triple talk/text/data do I activate the same way (online) to carry over my current phone number and will all the minutes/texts/data and service days I currently have automatically transfer to the new phone?  I have heard some horror stories where things get messed up during the transfer and want to avoid if possible.  Thanks for any info.

The best way to "port" your existing phone number and service plan (remaing minutes, text, anda data) is to call TracFone, and the switch usually be completed within 24 hours.

The best number to call for this is:  1-800-816-0663.

Thank you!