Regular Contributor

Re: TracFone Q & A Coming June 22

The TSV price is active now, and with as much as 4 months to pay in cause anyone is interested.

@BHawk wrote:

E228102 is the item number .  It is in the system just does not reflect the Tsv price unless you access through the preorder email.  You can view the phone and read the complete description and be ready to order on the Tsv date.

Super Contributor

When I check out the zip code finder on E228102, my zip code isn't serviced by Tracfone. This is very strange because I've been a Tracfone customer for 8 years. I'm currently using the LG Sunset from Tracfone. Is anyone else having a similar problem or know why this might be happening?

Respected Contributor

I agree. No 13126 zip code either. All my other Tracfones I have bought from QVC has been compatible with my zip code. Maybe it is an error in the information and will be corrected by air date.

Contributor

I have never owned a phone like this, and I want to get it. Is there a monthly fee for this phone to the carrier? Does it have automatic access to the internet, or do I have to pay monthly for it? Is this a lot of gigs to have, to do normal stuff with? Reason I ask, my son has at&t, he went over his gigs(he had 2 I think) and it cost him 65.00 that month. We only have a simple small old flip phone, no internet, no texting, or anything. I would love to have this phone. Sometimes I feel like I'm about the only person still in the dark ages with my phone.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like a lot of folks are excited for a new TracFone offering.  Thanks for starting this discussion and letting customers know it will be coming! 

I was not going to update my phone but now am thinking I will....loving the Rose Gold!Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pzgG2-rO2k

Respected Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

When I check out the zip code finder on E228102, my zip code isn't serviced by Tracfone. This is very strange because I've been a Tracfone customer for 8 years. I'm currently using the LG Sunset from Tracfone. Is anyone else having a similar problem or know why this might be happening?

There may be a glitch in the system, but the Sunset uses AT&T prepaid towers, and the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime uses Verizon prepaid towers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ptbaker wrote:

I have never owned a phone like this, and I want to get it. Is there a monthly fee for this phone to the carrier? Does it have automatic access to the internet, or do I have to pay monthly for it? Is this a lot of gigs to have, to do normal stuff with? Reason I ask, my son has at&t, he went over his gigs(he had 2 I think) and it cost him 65.00 that month. We only have a simple small old flip phone, no internet, no texting, or anything. I would love to have this phone. Sometimes I feel like I'm about the only person still in the dark ages with my phone.

There is no monthly fee.  Once activated, you have a year's worth of time (called service) to use the 1350 minutes of talk, 1350 texts, and 1350 mb of data.  Any time you want to use the internet, you just go into your settings, and turn wi-fi on.  You do have to have wi-fi at your home or wherever you are...like a business, hospital, etc.  If you don't have wi-fi, then you turn on the data, but you will go through it pretty quickly if you use it a lot.  You can buy more data at the TF website as well as everything else you would need.  I rarely use data, because I have wi-fi or frequent businesses that have wi-fi.

Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply. That has helped me move closer to deciding to get it. I have another question. Do I need the internet to text? You say I need wi-fi, I have the internet at home, and my tv is wi-fi enebled. The description says 1350 min. for talk and text. Is the texting minutes separately charged, or do I have to purchase seperate minutes for talk and then text? Sorry for all the questions.

Respected Contributor

@ptbaker wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply. That has helped me move closer to deciding to get it. I have another question. Do I need the internet to text? You say I need wi-fi, I have the internet at home, and my tv is wi-fi enebled. The description says 1350 min. for talk and text. Is the texting minutes separately charged, or do I have to purchase seperate minutes for talk and then text? Sorry for all the questions.

You do not need the internet to text.  Texting is a separate function indiginous to the phone.  If you have wi-fi at home (meaning you have a router so that you can use wireless devices like a tablet, laptop, etc.), you won't use data very much unless you're out and about and somewhere with no free wi-fi.  Keep you data and wi-fi turned off on your phone, though, unless you're using them as they are battery-draining and background apps will slowly use your data if it's left on.

You will receive 1350 minutes of talk and 1350 texts.  That means when you send a text to someone--that counts as one text.  When they text you back, that counts as one text.  Texts are separate from talk minutes.  Tracfone calls the three separate items buckets.  You have one bucket of 1350 minutes of talk, one bucket of 1350 texts, and one bucket of 1350 mb of data.

You won't need to buy any minutes, texts, or data for a while, as this phone comes with everything you need.  When you find you're running low on anything, you can buy more of whatever you need at the TF website.  There are all sorts of configurations.  You can buy data and texts separately.  1000 texts are only $5.  Data and texts purchased serparately do not triple.  Or you can buy what's called minutes (it's actually talk, text, and data) that do triple.  For example, the first choice on the website is 400 minutes good for 365 days.  Your phone will automatically triple the minutes to 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, and 1200 mb of data.  All of that will be added to any buckets currently in your phone and extends the service date. 

Respected Contributor

@ptbaker, I meant to add that I don't know how much you use your cell phone, but my husband and I neither one use them very often.  We usually just buy a new cell phone every year as that is almost the same as buying a year's worth of service and sometimes even cheaper.  For example, my husband bought the LG Sunset this spring when it was a TS on HSN.  It cost him $89.  So he got more than a year's worth of service for less money than just buying minutes and a brand new phone.  Many people do this, and whatever minutes, texts, data and service time you have left on your old phone just rolls over to the new phone, and the new phone will have additional minutes, too.  

Right now, my service end date isn't until May of 2019, and I have 3300+ minutes, texts, and data.  lol  I buy new phones as they come out, because I like having the newer operating systems for security reasons.  All my minutes and service time just continues to add, and that is okay with me, as I sometimes go through periods of heavy usage when my mom is in the hospital or something like that.