Contributor

Re: TracFone Q & A Coming June 22

So if the warranty expires in 12 months, what is the service warranty for? I was under the impression that the service warranty, if I choose the 3 yr. one, covers anything that happens to the phone. To me, this is a critical question, would you be sure and answer the question for me? I'm asking, because I don't know anything about these phones.   Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@MissCodi wrote:

Dear Tracfone Team,

Is there notification lights on the front of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

for  incoming Texts, phone messages, etc ?    If so, do they have the ability to  continue to blink until you open the phone and  look at the message? 

Thank you

This handset does not feature a notification light.

Thank you!

And, that's a deal breaker for ME.  I wish I had not upgraded my phone the last time.  I loved that feature. 

How many service days come with the phone initially?

Respected Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@MissCodi wrote:

Dear Tracfone Team,

Is there notification lights on the front of the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

for  incoming Texts, phone messages, etc ?    If so, do they have the ability to  continue to blink until you open the phone and  look at the message? 

Thank you

This handset does not feature a notification light.

Thank you!

And, that's a deal breaker for ME.  I wish I had not upgraded my phone the last time.  I loved that feature. 

@MomCat, i recently purchased the ZTE Zmax 2 bundle from HSN, and so far, I really, really like the phone. It has the notification light on the front, and like you, I love that feature. It's sold out on HSN right now, but I'm sure it will be back as it had extremely high reviews. It uses AT&T service, so if you can use AT&T, you might like it..

Super Contributor

@razberiswirl wrote:

How many service days come with the phone initially?

This offer includes 1 year of service, 1350 minutes of talk, 1350 texts, and 1.3 GB of data.  

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Which OS will the tsv have?

The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime features the Android 5.0 Lollipop Operating System.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

I'm guessing they will be Android operating systems? Will they be Android 5.0 Lollipop? Or KitKat? 

The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime will feature the Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@sammysmoma wrote:

How long is this price good for if this is Today's Special Value (6/17/16) ?  Will it still be the same price on the 22nd ?

The TSV officially kicks off tonight at midnight and will be good for the day: June 22, 2016.

Thank you!

Contributor

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@GypsyKarma wrote:

I currently use the Tracfone ZTE Valet 665 with triple talk/text/data. If I purchase a newer  smart Tracfone with triple talk/text/data do I activate the same way (online) to carry over my current phone number and will all the minutes/texts/data and service days I currently have automatically transfer to the new phone?  I have heard some horror stories where things get messed up during the transfer and want to avoid if possible.  Thanks for any info.

The best way to "port" your existing phone number and service plan (remaing minutes, text, anda data) is to call TracFone, and the switch usually be completed within 24 hours.

The best number to call for this is:  1-800-816-0663.

Thank you!

So to be clear: I would call this phone number before doing anything with the new phone? Do nothing as far as activating (except for perhaps charging)?

Also if I were to need that transfer wizard app, does it need to be downloaded on the old and new phones or just one of them? I understand the wizard works by way of bluetooth?

Super Contributor

@GypsyKarma wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@GypsyKarma wrote:

I currently use the Tracfone ZTE Valet 665 with triple talk/text/data. If I purchase a newer  smart Tracfone with triple talk/text/data do I activate the same way (online) to carry over my current phone number and will all the minutes/texts/data and service days I currently have automatically transfer to the new phone?  I have heard some horror stories where things get messed up during the transfer and want to avoid if possible.  Thanks for any info.

The best way to "port" your existing phone number and service plan (remaing minutes, text, anda data) is to call TracFone, and the switch usually be completed within 24 hours.

The best number to call for this is:  1-800-816-0663.

Thank you!

So to be clear: I would call this phone number before doing anything with the new phone? Do nothing as far as activating (except for perhaps charging)?

Also if I were to need that transfer wizard app, does it need to be downloaded on the old and new phones or just one of them? I understand the wizard works by way of bluetooth?

The transfer wizard works via WiFi and provides step by step directions on how to complete the transfer.

Please call the 800 number to activate and to port.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!