New Contributor

Re: TracFone Q & A Coming June 22

Hello.  I was wondering if I upgrade my current tracfone, is it then possible to give my phone to someone else on an older tracfone.  This way they end up with an upgraded phone as well.  I understand that what ever minutes I currently have would go to my newer phone, but then if I gave them what would be my older phone could they switch to that phone with their current minutes, etc.

Frequent Contributor

I currently have a triple minutes plan from Tracfone. I wanted to do the BYOP plan using a Samsung Galaxy j7 phone. Is this compatible with your service, if I buy a new sim card, and if it is, will I lose my 'triple minutes" plan if I switch?

New Contributor

It just happens <G> It seemss as tho it is the default. If there is wi-fi that is what the phone uses.

Super Contributor

Ok seems like a lot of questions are going unanswered.

Is it 1350 minutes total for talk and text or 1350 talk AND 1350 text?
Is this a good first phone for a tween?
What happens when you run out of minutes? Do you just stop service or do I just get charged right away if they keep texting after minutes are up?
Are you charged for both received texts and sent texts? Towards minutes?
I'm thinking it may not be enough as I have seen my other teens go through texting like crazy.

I have a tracfone now. It is a older model. I would like to know why the newer models do not work in my area. I have tried a newer model and it did not work. Thank you

Can my contact list be transferred from one Tracphone to this new one?  If so, I will buy the new phone.

Super Contributor

@MarR wrote:
Currently have the LGL41C from qvc...tracfone. What is the main differences? And what makes this better? Thanks.

From a spec standpoint, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is superior in every way:  bigger screen size, faster processor, better battery, a better Android operating system, better front and rear camera.  The Grand Prime is a much more updated handset than the LG41.

Personally, the 5" screen and the 8MP rear camera and 5 MP front facing camera are the two features that should be highlighted.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@GidgetFoy wrote:

I just bought a 2016 Honda CR-V and want to use this phone with Honda-link which uses Pandora.  Is this phone compatible?  Also, can I transfer my contacts from my current tracfone to this one?

Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime has bluetooth capability so it will be able to connect to your car.

With the Transfer Wizard app availabile in the Google Play store, you can transfer all o fthe contacts in your old phone.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@Naneen wrote:

Hi Tracfone team,

With only 8 gb internal storage, how much storage will the 5.0 OS use up? I know we can get SD cards to store lots of pictures and apps, but just wondered how much of the internal storage will be left for everyday functions what with the Lollipop OS this phone comes with.   

Thanks.

The OS and the Apps that come with the device use a little over 3GB of memory.  The device can take an external micro SD card of 64GB, so you can be sure to have enough space for everyday functions.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Super Contributor

@BrendaJC wrote:

How would I transfer pics and contacts from my old tracphone to this new one?

Please use the Google Play store to download the Transfer Wizard app, which will help you transfer your contacts and pics from your old phone to your new one.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!