Contributor

Re: TracFone Q & A Coming June 22

[ Edited ]

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@GypsyKarma wrote:

@Tracfone_Team wrote:

@GypsyKarma wrote:

I currently use the Tracfone ZTE Valet 665 with triple talk/text/data. If I purchase a newer  smart Tracfone with triple talk/text/data do I activate the same way (online) to carry over my current phone number and will all the minutes/texts/data and service days I currently have automatically transfer to the new phone?  I have heard some horror stories where things get messed up during the transfer and want to avoid if possible.  Thanks for any info.

The best way to "port" your existing phone number and service plan (remaing minutes, text, anda data) is to call TracFone, and the switch usually be completed within 24 hours.

The best number to call for this is:  1-800-816-0663.

Thank you!

So to be clear: I would call this phone number before doing anything with the new phone? Do nothing as far as activating (except for perhaps charging)?

Also if I were to need that transfer wizard app, does it need to be downloaded on the old and new phones or just one of them? I understand the wizard works by way of bluetooth?

The transfer wizard works via WiFi and provides step by step directions on how to complete the transfer.

Please call the 800 number to activate and to port.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!

Yes, this helps very much. I am now much more confident and comfortable ordering this new phone. Thanks.

New Contributor

i put my zipcode in and it says no coverage. 32127. i have had tracfones for years and never came across this, can u help.

Occasional Contributor

Currently have the LGL41C from qvc...tracfone. What is the main differences? And what makes this better? Thanks.
New Contributor

I just bought a 2016 Honda CR-V and want to use this phone with Honda-link which uses Pandora.  Is this phone compatible?  Also, can I transfer my contacts from my current tracfone to this one?

Contributor

Hi Tracfone team,

With only 8 gb internal storage, how much storage will the 5.0 OS use up? I know we can get SD cards to store lots of pictures and apps, but just wondered how much of the internal storage will be left for everyday functions what with the Lollipop OS this phone comes with.   

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor

How would I transfer pics and contacts from my old tracphone to this new one?

Occasional Visitor

I currently have a TracFone but have a weak signal at my house from Verizon. I just heard the host say you now have two carriers that you use is this something new? If i can use a different carrier i would love to buy the new TSV. Verizon is a great carrier just not at my house. 

New Contributor

How about apps from Google Play Store, can they be installed/saved on the optional SD card?

New Contributor

I'm inerested in the new TSV Tracfone, but need to know which network carriers it uses.  My family has a summer cottage in an area that has only Verizon coverage.  No other network carriers cover this area.  From the information provided, I can't tell whether or not this phone will work at the cottage.  Would appreciate a definitive answer.  Thanks.

New Contributor

Is the TSV Tracfone compatible with the Periscope app?  The Tracfone I currently have (last year's TSV....also a Samsung) is not compatible.