Honored Contributor

I look at it like this.  Save a little more money and buy a new mattress of your choice.  The topper TSV I think is too high $$$ but that is my opinion.  I own a memory foam mattress that is not hot and is made all from recycled materials.  It's at least 10 years old and has a 20 year warranty.  Cat Happy  I bought it to take pressure off my joints and the comfort.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Topper by the Scotts 1/16

I can't speak for their topper but I do know they make the BEST towels. I bought a set on clearance last year and their towels are fabulous - thick, soft, absorbing. WELL worth my money.

Honored Contributor

My mattress is already quite thick.  And though it's getting old, I can't imagine adding a 4 inch topper.  I'd never get sheets on it, and I'd need a step stool to get into bed at night!  But I'll bet it's comfy!

Honored Contributor

I wonder how firm the 'firm' side is on this? I've been having lower-back pain and I think it might be because of my memory foam mattress. I may have to get something more firm soon.

Valued Contributor

I've been using memory for toppers for at least 20 years.  My 3" lasted 17 years.  I bought a 4" topper with a quilted removable 100% cotton top.  I paid less than $160 for a king.  I think it's a Serta or a Sealy.  It kind of reminds me of a Scott Brothers' Christmas tree that was on for around $1700 plus tax and S&H.  Their pprices are too high for me.

Respected Contributor

Thinking about this for our guest room. It looks great!

Super Contributor

In one of the presentations they should have a tablet and answer questions live on air like they do in some shows, especially since this is a new and exclusive product therefore there are no reviews.

If you have a 4” topper is your existing fitted sheet still going to fit?

in researching toppers on line I found density determines the level of comfort and support.  It is lbs per cubic ft.  The more dense it is the more support it has.  Unless I missed it, I didn’t see the density number in the description of this topper.  It is not the same as the total weight of the topper.

Would like an extra long twin option.  Toppers look amazing!  The Scott's are so good on QVC. Is there nothing they can not do?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I look at it like this.  Save a little more money and buy a new mattress of your choice.  The topper TSV I think is too high $$$ but that is my opinion.  I own a memory foam mattress that is not hot and is made all from recycled materials.  It's at least 10 years old and has a 20 year warranty.  Cat Happy  I bought it to take pressure off my joints and the comfort.

I completely agree! Why wouldn’t you just put the several hundred dollars towards a new mattress, instead of a topper? I’m sure it’s nice, but that’s crazy expensive!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecorator and KatiCat

You can’t but a decent mattress for less than $2000. Without sleeping on a mattress you can never tell
If it’s going to be comfortable and for some folks this might be an option. I have s sleep number bed I have had for 13 years and I love it and can adjust the number. What would keep me from buying this topper is how do you return it if it doesn’t work out. How would you ever get it rolled up to box it up. If they weigh beteeen 28 and 38 pounds it would cost a fortune to return. I don’t think the price is outrageous if it does the job and I like that it is reversible for firmness