Trusted Contributor

Re: Too much Christmas...shopping??

clouds76, I totally agree with you! All the trinkets they're trying to pawn off on us is insulting! Besides, I don't feel the need to purchase a gift for everyone I know. I may bake a few gifts. I'm sure the person who walks your dog would prefer a cash gift, or even a gift card, to the trinkets.

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't mind one day of Christmas in July, but an entire weekend is too much for me. I've only watched about 10-minutes of QVC since Thursday. That few minutes was Valerie Parr Hill yesterday because I happen to click past the channel when the gingerbread house village was on air.

Christmas in July won't end on July 31st. We all know that they will slip in Christmas theme/gift shows a few times per week for the remainder of summer and go full steam Christmas after Labor Day.

New Contributor

I have really been enjoying CIJ this year! I am getting lots of great ideas for Holiday decorating and gifts. Thank You QVC! :-)
Regular Contributor

I absolutely refuse to participate in anything that pushes Christmas shopping this early in the year. I know the economy is poor and businesses are doing everything to raise revenues, but it just keeps moving earlier and earlier each year. I generally will do my shopping in November and try to avoid the rest of the hype.

Frequent Contributor

After about 20 years of being a regular customer, I stopped watching QVC regularly about 5 years ago, just not my cup of tea any longer. Started watching with my grandmother, then my mom and have seen it really change over time. I have had some elderly relatives visiting from out of town for the past several weeks and they are devoted to watching it seems around the clock. I remember them having a Christmas in July weekend, but it seems they have been doing Christmas the whole month of July, and if true to form, it is actually the kick off of 6 months of QVC Christmas. They will have shows throughout August getting progressively more and more as the months tick by. Not the main reason I just cruise by on the Internet once in a while instead of watching on TV, but certainly one of the ones at this time of year.