Contributor

Too much Christmas...shopping??

Don't know about anybody else, but QVC's Christmas in July push for mega sales is over the top. By the time Christmas arrives, I am frankly sick of the entire marketing ploy to convince millions of viewers, nationwide and worldwide, that they simply cannot find a better bargain, a sweeter confection, a juicier steak or a better flashlight than those offered at the "Q". While many stores offer Christmas in July displays for the early-bird shoppers, QVC must annually outdo their competitors with a steady influx of merchandise that the consumer cannot live without. Get a life QVC...we still have two beautiful months of summer left...and I, for one, will be more likely to buy a new bathing suit or a fresh pair of capris than an over-priced Christmas tree...geesh!

Super Contributor

Re: Too much Christmas...shopping??

ITA!! Hate CIJ!

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE Christmas in July ... so much better than looking at the all day overpriced silver designer jewelry shows.
Respected Contributor

QVC does everything into the ground. Right now, it just happens to be Christmas gift ideas and seasonal decorating. They'll be back to flogging something else on Monday.

Trusted Contributor

I agree! I could deal with it, by overlooking it, when it was just the 25. This Christmas in July on the Q is just tacky! Why don't they just tell the truth: The Q needs more days to rid their inventory of tacky, cheap trinkets!

Contributor

On 7/19/2014 hotshot77 said:

Don't know about anybody else, but QVC's Christmas in July push for mega sales is over the top. By the time Christmas arrives, I am frankly sick of the entire marketing ploy to convince millions of viewers, nationwide and worldwide, that they simply cannot find a better bargain, a sweeter confection, a juicier steak or a better flashlight than those offered at the "Q". While many stores offer Christmas in July displays for the early-bird shoppers, QVC must annually outdo their competitors with a steady influx of merchandise that the consumer cannot live without. Get a life QVC...we still have two beautiful months of summer left...and I, for one, will be more likely to buy a new bathing suit or a fresh pair of capris than an over-priced Christmas tree...geesh!

I totally agree!

Super Contributor

I wish you people that HATE the CIJ shows would stop complaining. How many years now have they been doing this? You don't have to watch. Some of us like Christmas in July or anytime for that matter.

Honored Contributor

I love CIJ. To each his own, that's what the remote is for, change channels when programming displeases us. I do that a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

I love CIJ.....have been watching it for years....it beats watching the continuous shows of computers every other hour....or beds....or vitamix....this weekend has been a refreshing change of pace....

Frequent Contributor

Two days in a row is a bit much. I haven't watched at all today nor will I tomorrow.