Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

Then you should criticize Mary then.  She can't eat gluten and won't eat it on air.   How about her?

Personally, I think both of them handle food shows well.   Their diet needs don't bather me.  I hate seeing hosts shovel the food in like RB and AP.    

@NYwoman   I've never seen Mary ask someone else to taste the food for her.  What she cannot eat, she doesn't eat.  The show can go on and the food can be sold without the eating.  

I agree with you about the way some of the other hosts gobble the food up like it's a contest.  A definite turn off.

David has had a side kick for SO long on every show. 

He was the first one to have a couch sitter playing on the computer....and 'chatting'

He has had the sidekicks come over and taste even when HE was tasting.

Too big a deal over absolutely nothing, IMHO.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

Then you should criticize Mary then.  She can't eat gluten and won't eat it on air.   How about her?

Personally, I think both of them handle food shows well.   Their diet needs don't bather me.  I hate seeing hosts shovel the food in like RB and AP.    

@NYwoman   I've never seen Mary ask someone else to taste the food for her.  What she cannot eat, she doesn't eat.  The show can go on and the food can be sold without the eating.  

I agree with you about the way some of the other hosts gobble the food up like it's a contest.  A definite turn off.

David has had a side kick for SO long on every show. 

He was the first one to have a couch sitter playing on the computer....and 'chatting'

He has had the sidekicks come over and taste even when HE was tasting.

Too big a deal over absolutely nothing, IMHO.

The live chat on Facebook is quite spirited.  It needs someone to facilitate it.  I haven't followed it much since Mary stopped doing it, but it pops up in my feed and is still quite active.