Honored Contributor

It's a bad look that The King has a food Taste Tester every show. I mean, that's how ridiculous it looks to me.

At least Steve is into regular exercise. He posts every week before his ITKWD show during his exercise workout to specifically counteract the calories.

David  talks ad nauseam about cutting carbs, but I've never heard him mention weight training exercises or cardio as part of his regiment.  He could go back to tasting more food on his own (not that I think tasting should be an important aspect for any of the hosts). 

Respected Contributor

I don't watch David as much as I used to but to me everytime I tune in he looks bored to death and a grim look on his face like now.

Contributor
I agree in the politeness. Never said it was about his manners. The pause and silence while he makes the facial expressions while trying to chew as quickly as possible while everyone is staring at him is getting weird
Trusted Contributor
Yeah I imagine it’s not very comfortable for him to have everyone staring at him while he’s eating. I wouldn’t like that either. I think it’s pretty cool he used to be Aladdin at Disney!
Respected Contributor

Actually, David's doctor did tell him to lose weight. He agreed with his doctor and is doing it for his health. And can we please stop interjecting the laid off hosts in every thread? Get over it.

Trusted Contributor

Then you should criticize Mary then.  She can't eat gluten and won't eat it on air.   How about her?

Personally, I think both of them handle food shows well.   Their diet needs don't bather me.  I hate seeing hosts shovel the food in like RB and AP.    

Trusted Contributor

@Kallena wrote:

I don't know if any of you watched the TSV presentation today before Noon with Mary Beth.  She ate EVERYTHING!  I was shocked at how much she was eating. I guess she REALLLLLLY likes the pastries. I like her....but just s

@cjm61 wrote:

I don't usually watch David as he's not my cup of tea, so to speak. However, I have seen him a few times here and there. I agree with the OP, if he doesn't try a specific food due to caloric reasons, it does come across as, this isn't good for you and has too many calories so you shouldn't eat it. 

With that said, if he doesn't want to taste food, that's fine. But if QVC believes he can continue presenting food items without tasting then it shouldn't be necessary for the other hosts to taste the food. I think QVC needs to stick to their standards, either the hosts must try the food or none of them need to. I really don't care if they taste anything, my food purchases are not determined by their reactions after a bite. I don't believe it is necessary. In fact, many times it's over the top. I do buy many food items.

So, basically, if you feel it's okay for David to not taste, all tasting should be eliminated since the Q believes it works for him. Otherwise, if they do want the hosts to try the items on air, David should no longer do food shows. Just my opinion.

I don't know if any of you watched the TSV presentation today before Noon with Mary Beth.  She ate EVERYTHING!  I was shocked at how much she was eating. I guess she REALLLLLLY likes the pastries. I like her....but just saying you can tell when someone likes the food versus when they don't.

At midnght, Rachel ate EVERY one of the types of pastry.   She didn't seem to get enough!    And she ripped 20 pastries apart before each face full.    Disgusting

Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Then you should criticize Mary then.  She can't eat gluten and won't eat it on air.   How about her?

Personally, I think both of them handle food shows well.   Their diet needs don't bather me.  I hate seeing hosts shovel the food in like RB and AP.    

@NYwoman   I've never seen Mary ask someone else to taste the food for her.  What she cannot eat, she doesn't eat.  The show can go on and the food can be sold without the eating.  

I agree with you about the way some of the other hosts gobble the food up like it's a contest.  A definite turn off.

Contributor
Bottom line is selling the product....however they accomplish that is what they're interested in. The more we buy the better it is for them. The food here looks good at times but most of the seafood and meats are astronomical in price, my opinion only
Honored Contributor

@sugar plum wrote:
I think it's cruel that David has taste-doubles. It's okay for other hosts to be made to participate in these ridiculous tasting exercises and possibly gain weight but not him, he's special. 🙄

Cruel @sugar plum  ???

Steve is probably just thankful to have a JOB, let alone be David's side kick ...I highly doubt anyone is forced.

When Leah was losing weight, she didn't taste either on the few food shows she did.

Mary is GF and doesn't taste many items...

what is so cruel about it???