Honored Contributor

Why! Why!  Why does QVC have Toni put those black roots on the wigs THEY sell?

I order mine from her company directly because I hate the black root wigs.

The wigs from her company do not have those black roots.

I’ve ordered them from her company for years.  I love them and I wear them every time I leave my house.

I’ve gotten so many compliments from people.  I’ve had hairdressers think it’s real hair.  I’ve been asked who “does” my hair.

I was given a ‘heads up’ that the TSV today would, yet again, have black roots.

Maybe because I’m old but isn’t the reason people get their hair ‘done’ ( meaning colored) to cover roots?  What do I know?

Tomorrow I’ll just go order from her company....Oh!  Well!

Respected Contributor

Re: Toni Brattin Wigs On QVC

@Annabellethecat66 Toni's wigs look like the quality is getting bad to me.

Honored Contributor

This is a hair “trend” that l just don’t get. And it makes even less sense when l see it on wigs. SMH.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 Toni's wigs look like the quality is getting bad to me.

@BeccaLou 

I only caught the show this morning w/Mary Beth towards the end but the few wigs I saw were like that corn silky looking doll hair. The thin black model, think her name is Katia, some that she had on were so obviously wiggy looking. One Katia wore was a strange reddish color that Mary Beth kept fiddling with but the more she fiddled the worse looking it got.

Came back to edit and say that I just now caught Carolyn w/Toni and Carolyn actually looks adorable in the short wig she now has on. And this particular one doesn't look wiggy.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlI agree.  I was watching the midnight show & Katia looks a hot mess in the black longer wig.  Wig looked very "wiggy." 

Shawn looked a hot mess too in the longer wigs because she kept changing the wigs style.  However, she & the shorter hair wig did look more natural.

Now watching this afternoon when Q showed the "color chart," most of what was shown did not match the colors of the wigs on set from a distance or close up!  Personally, I would not go by the TV color chart.

I am seriously thinking of getting the short Brown Blond (which shows up grayish in the TV chart)...

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at Tue, Jul 16, 2019-10.56.08 AM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@shaggygirlI agree.  I was watching the midnight show & Katia looks a hot mess in the black longer wig.  Wig looked very "wiggy." 

Shawn looked a hot mess too in the longer wigs because she kept changing the wigs style.  However, she & the shorter hair wig did look more natural.

Now watching this afternoon when Q showed the "color chart," most of what was shown did not match the colors of the wigs on set from a distance or close up!  Personally, I would not go by the TV color chart.

I am seriously thinking of getting the short Brown Blond (which shows up grayish in the TV chart)...

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mz iMac 

I think that's the one Carolyn had on (so did Toni) that looked so good on her. Then for the Denim & Company show she had a different kind of messy one on. I was tempted too by the one you show but when it got to the darker color I'd need it had that doll hair look so I passed. The brown/blond one you're eyeing didn't have that doll hair look, it looked quite natural.

Valued Contributor

I saw Carolyn around 9:45 in a reddish wig.  She looked gorgeous, but Katia, who is gorgeous, looked awful in the black thing plopped on her head.  Do Toni's wig come in large sizes?  I have 2 pretty wigs I'm donating to the Cancer Society because they're just too small.

Respected Contributor

I was watching last night, and Katia was just putting the wigs on without styling them, she did look terrible. 

I have a Toni wig in brown blond and the TSV in brown blond is much darker than what used to be called brown blond.

I did order two wigs, one in light brown and the other in brown blond.

Esteemed Contributor

Though I think Pat looks beautiful with the short blonde wig, (she should cut her hair that style) I for the life of me, cannot understand why anyone wants to wear a wig or extensions.  Unless it is absolutely necessary I wouldn't do it.  I can say that having had chemo and had no choice but to wear a wig when out, I hated it so much........when my hair came back in I burned that thing!!  

Respected Contributor

Five years after chemo the top of my head is still bald. It’s wigs or caps for me. Yes, I have never had a comfortable wig and refuse to go “for a fun color” .