Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toni Brattin Wigs On QVC

@lulu1  God Bless!  I feel for you....I was fortunate to go through treatment from winter til spring, I cannot even imagine having to wear a wig in the heat of summer.  Hang in there girlSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou  I don't know much about the comparison.  I've never been able to get over those ugly black roots!

I mean....why would anyone go to a hairdresser (ummm...maybe trim) but I'm 'old school' because when I do do I want to cover up the gray now, but it used to be the black roots.

I've never been one to follow 'trends'.  In my life, people don't seem to even try to keep up with 'trends'.

They move so quicly, (a trend here...a trend there)...who can keep up!

As I said, my daughter has been spending a month with me, her sister and in hotels (with her dog).  She drove here by herself (with her dog) from Denver.  She's leaving tomorrow by way of many states going back!  Her boyfriend is flying in to go back with her.

I'm mentioning her because she's one of the kindest, low key people you'd ever want to me...but....if you start talking about 'trends', etc.  she gets really worked up...that and don't ever call her a Millennial!  Ha!  (She just turned 39).

I think that the frustration and anger she feels regarding 'trends' comes from me.  Maybe it's just because I've never cared about impressing anyone and I honestly believe keeping up with most trends has (maybe) at the core impressing others...(that's a question).  Ha!

OK, so I THINK I know one difference.  I THINK one difference is MAYBE the one's she sells on her website (that I buy and like...without roots) can't be curled.  I'm still now sure, because it doesn't say one way or another.

I've never bothered to style it.  I always buy a very short bob and I put it behind my ears with bangs.  It looks so natural I hadn't been to my hairdresser for several months.  When I went back, I had to see one of her co-workers.  I walked past her and she really thought it was my real hair!  

Lots of times it's just getting a wig that looks natural on each individual...Funny thing though my natural color is medium brown...the wig is called medium blonde..

Go figure!  I only know when I called Toni's company the lady that answered said, (quote), "QVC wants to sell them like that".  

So, along those lines, when you look at Toni's real hair, do you see any roots at all?  That would be absolutely, "NO".

So, I see women on TV and they have ugly roots (to me they are).  I just think it doesn't look clean.  Does that sounds stupid?  It kinda does to me....but I can't help it, it just makes it look greasy at the scalp.

I wish I could send pictures, but I think you guys should be glad I can't....I'd be driving you crazy like I do my family and friends with pictures of everything...Ha!  My family is all about pictures.  We keep each other up to date all of the time with pictures and texts, etc.

Honored Contributor

I wish she had some curly styles, not wavy or straight on top and curly on bottom, but curly all over.  It would be nice to have something like that whe I'm on my ski trip since I don't bother with my hair then.  You ski all day with a cap on your head, so the only time it realy even matters is when you go out to eat dinner or go down for breakfast.

Funny that the dark red is considered a new color.  She always had red blonde and dark red when she was on HSN.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I own about 4 of Toni's wigs. I  really like them but as time went on she changed the colors of red and they don't even look the same. So that's what I'm seeing the quality has changed drastically. But Maybe I stepped on someone's toes. If so, I'm sorry . I am a fan of Toni's wigs they just aren't like they were. 

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou  I hope you didn't think you stepped on my toes.  I love hearing good/bad/not so good/inbetween, everything.  I call it "food for thought".  

One of the problems in today's society (I believe) is people are afraid to speak out....I've never had that problem.  It's only by talking and listening that we are educated.

Anyway, enough bla bla.  I have so many (I buy two at a time).  I'm getting ready to buy two more (they cost now a little over $100 something each).

I wish I wasn't so vain.  Ever since I started wearing them, well, I don't think I look good without them.

As far as the quality goes, because I order pretty much the same color.....maybe(?) I haven't noticed it as much.

It's interesting, some people like shiny wigs, some don't because they don't think it looks like real hair.  But then when my friend says that (about not liking 'shiny' wigs) I say, well don't you try to make your REAL hair shiny and clean-looking?  None is wrong, just difference of opinion.

I think I get so riled (is that a real word??? --Looks weird)..anyway..when people say, "You don't look 72" is because I didn't keep up the rest of my body (I'm a chub) and my real hair just seems thin to me.  It's long and probably OK, but the wig is blonde/medium and my real hair is brown.  I look way, way better with much lighter hair!  Weird?  Huh?

Two of my daughters have dark brown hair and my middle one that looks like me now has the color (natural) of my wig!

Anyway, I like your honesty.  I always appreciate people who are honest.  There are many ways to say something.  Don't you agree?  

I am sending one of my wigs to ECBG here.  She has a friend who is going through Chemo.  I've been busy and then I couldn't find a box and so on.  I hope to get it out to her next week.  Plus I've been dealing with health stuff (sucks to get old).  Ha!

Take care and have a good weekend.  I don't know where you are but I'm in Northern Va.  We've been having a heat wave that's crazy.  My youngest daughter was born here and about 5 or 6 years ago moved to Colorado.  She just spent 3 weeks with me and her older sister.  She was dying from the heat!  Ha!  Her dog (she drove) was suffering too.  We are used to high humidity, etc.  but it's usually not this bad til August.

Be safe.  Fondly, Annabellethecat.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Has anybody tried Paula's Choice wigs?  I saw a curly one on there that I'm interested in.  I have never worn a wig so don't know if I would really like it, but it would be nice to have a choice when I just don't want to deal with my real hair.

Respected Contributor

I bought a 

@Icegoddess wrote:

Has anybody tried Paula's Choice wigs?  I saw a curly one on there that I'm interested in.  I have never worn a wig so don't know if I would really like it, but it would be nice to have a choice when I just don't want to deal with my real hair.

I bought a Paula’s Choice wig last month.

When it arrived, it had very short black hairs sticking up on the crown of the wig. Even though the wig color was light brown.

Tried it on, was much longer than it appeared on the model.

Glad I left the tags on this wig. Returned it three days later.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a hairpiece & couldn’t get a hair match. The clips broke immediately. I got a Gabor wig and wear it all the time.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just curious to know how many customers are on "Back Order" for Toni Braxton's TSV. Where you had the choice of 2 wigs (prestigious vs Wavy). I ordered the latter, 30min after the presentation started, in light blonde. How could it possibly be on "Back Order" 30min into presentation?? Anyone else find this happened also.....

Occasional Contributor

I agree with your comments about the black wigs.  Why don't they just put white roots on the brunette wigs using that logic?