Honored Contributor

Re: Toni Brattin Wigs On QVC

Wigs are really handy during rainy, windy, snow seasons.

A hundred years ago, when I worked in a city, I  often used to carry and wear wigs at the office, and later when out in the field, making calls.

'Way better' than arriving with matted down, wet hairstyles all day long .

As far as this TSV, it's very much better than another company on another shopping channel (not QVC) that I watched several months ago (maybe last year?).

'Anyway', the quality of those wigs wasn't the best.

Toni's wigs, and also the other QVC wig company are much better quality than the other one I just mentioned (on another channel).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

Five years after chemo the top of my head is still bald. It’s wigs or caps for me. Yes, I have never had a comfortable wig and refuse to go “for a fun color” .

At the moment my head is covered with stubble.  Before I began treatment, I went to a wig maker and had 2 made in the style and color of my hair.  They look like the real deal but in this heat, I want to rip them off.

No fun colors for me either.

Honored Contributor

Forget the black roots, those wigs scream fake.  I didn't even know the TSV today was a wig and when I tuned in this morning and saw MBR, my first thought was "what an awful wig."  Then I found out it was the TSV!

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@traveler wrote:

Five years after chemo the top of my head is still bald. It’s wigs or caps for me. Yes, I have never had a comfortable wig and refuse to go “for a fun color” .

At the moment my head is covered with stubble.  Before I began treatment, I went to a wig maker and had 2 made in the style and color of my hair.  They look like the real deal but in this heat, I want to rip them off.

No fun colors for me either.

@lulu1, my mom always felt the same way.  When she first began losing her hair, she wanted a human hair wig and they told her they were incredibly hot and not to do it.  She got a really nice wig that looked just like her own hair. No one ever knew it was as wig. When we would go to chemo, other women always commented on how jealous they were that she didn't lose her hair.

But she hated it. She said it was itchy and hot.  She only wore it when she was going somewhere fancy and felt she needed it.  Otherwise, for around the house and family, she wore gorgeous scarves. 

Contributor

I used to buy the Toni Brattin hairpieces years ago when my hair was much longer and I found them to be good quality, specially compared to the ones you could buy in the mall.

I personally like the rooted look in the wigs because i think it looks more natural.  I have two Raquel Welch wigs, one is her elite line and the other her regular line; the only difference being that one has a lace front and the other doesn't. both are in the same "rooted" blonde color and I get compliments all the time.Both wigs were way more expensive that TB's.

I too underwent chemo seven years ago and I took the opportunity to have a little fun with my look, purchasing varying shades of my blonde, albeit none of the fun colors you see today.  I ended up with about a dozen wigs, that after all my treatment and my hair was at a sufficient length to have it styled properly, I donated all of them to a local cancer patients center.  My sister bought a few wigs to wear at the same time I was wearing mine and a year later, when it would take me forever to style my hair, she would just plop on her wig and finger style and be out the door.  I started regretting donating some of my wigs.  I probably only have about 5 now, but it could easily get out of hand if I didn't watch it.  

I ordered the short TB wig and I'm excited to get it.

Regular Contributor

I ordered the short one in brown blonde.  I’ve Ordered wigs from Q, but never this brand....fingers crossed.  And the dark,roots don’t bother me as they beat my GRAY roots.

Honored Contributor

I like the longer wig on the mannequin head, but not on people.  Even on Toni it doesn't look right.  The ones on the mannequin look curlier all the way through while on the people it looks like the curl is just at/near the bottom part of the wig.  

Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, due to,age, medications, illness, many women need the help.  I am disabled & it’s difficult to wash my hair which is also thinning.  When I can’t wash my hair, I’m embarrassed even to go to the doctor.  Yes, I hate them too.

Regular Contributor

I think several hosts wear wigs on a daily basis.  Mally suffers from severe hair loss & always wears wigs.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I think the longer one is dreadful.  It’s a mess on almost every model.  The short one is much nicer.  I ordered it in the plus size.  If plus was not offered, I would not have ordered it.