Regular Contributor

Toni Brattin Wig that was the TSV

I purchased the short wig that was a TSV last week.  It arrived yesterday!

I can not get the wig adjusted on my head - it is too loose.  I can not get it tight enough.  The velcro closures are not adequate enough for me to get a tight fit. The wig moves around on my head.  This is the regular size.

Any ideas how I can make this work?  I really looked forward to getting the wig.

I guess I have a very small head!

Thanks for your ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Toni Brattin Wig that was the TSV

let's hope @Annabellethecat66  sees this.

Respected Contributor

I am a daily wig wearer, without tabs to tighten it is difficult. You might try Amazon for a velvet headband worn under the wig, or glue, also found on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@Denise in PA , I have alopecia and have had to wear wigs most of the summer.  I turned to my friend, a local drag queen, for advice.

First, there are "headbands" that are velvet or microfiber that add some 'bulk' to your head.  I have a small head, so I have the same issue.  I never understood how drag queens could shake for all they were worth and their wigs stayed put.--Men's heads are bigger, so that made sense.

The second thing he told me was to adjust the tab to where it fit and safety pin it or sew it into place.  Well, duh.  I never even thought of that!

Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

@Denise in PA--my experince with wigs was when I lost my hair due to chemo, so was bald.  I bought a wig cap to wear under the wig and also a silicone headband too. both worked great. but my head was average size so I could tighten it to fit. I would call a local wig store and ask them what they would do---I got 3 wigs that I loved, that felt great and looked even better. Just remember to play with it, make sure the bendy ear wires are bent in on your head, bring the wig down to your own hairline. Go to a beauty salon to have them trim it or tweak it to make it look like you want. Have my own hair back but it doesn't look nearly as good as my wigs did. 

Trusted Contributor

I received the TSV longer wig.  Love!  Perfect blonde red to match my hair. I have a small head also. Was studying on you tube today. There is a way to cut and sew. After I buy a wig form (head) I will attempt it!  Check out you tube.  I also seen videos how to use thinning sheers to decrease volume. My first fun wig!

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  I did see it?  I don't understand why  you wanted me to see this?  I don't buy the QVC Toni wigs because I don't like the black roots (I said that over and over).

I buy my Toni wigs directly from her company (I said that too).  

I just have a regular size wig, I guess.  I don't remember her offering different sizes on her website.

I'm getting ready to order two new wigs.  The others (they're all over the house) are fine, I just order new one's every maybe 2 or 3 months.

Remember, I said that I THINK the difference between QVC and her wigs MAYBE is that her website wigs shouldn't be curled?  I'm not even sure of that because the style I buy doesn't need to be curled.  It's just a very short bob.

I think that's one reason they look natural, because they aren't long.  In my opinion (my opinion) the long hair wigs don't look as natural as the short(er) wigs.

I think if a person finds a color they look good in, they should go with that color.  I used to dye my real hair a kind of strawberry red.  

My late husband used to tease me that it was light orange but I'd get lots of compliments on it.  Then when I started going to a hairdresser, I never got compliments again on the color.  Whatever.  Ha!

My real color (I was born with was brown, just brown, not dark brown, just brown).  But I look way better with what she (Toni called medium blonde).  If you saw it, you say it was blonde.

The wigs I buy from her have adjustments on them the same as her QVC wigs.  I don't need to use them so I ignore them.

My real hair right now is way too long.  It's actually mid between my elbow and shoulder!  I need to go to the hairdresser but I keep putting it off....(Remember, I'm the poster girl for putting things off)?

I also need to get it colored.  I'm trying to keep waiting til more and more gray gets in there so I can get it colored lighter.  I used to get 'low lights and high lights' and on and on every 6 weeks.  

It just all got so freaking old.  So, tell me again QVC why I want to buy a wig that has black roots?  Are you kidding?

@x Hedge  Did the person say if she ordered the larger size wig (remember, they were in 2 sizes). 

They're only about $130 or so on her website but you don't get easy pay if that's what people need, she doesn't offer it there.

I wish QVC would offer the wigs WITHOUT the black roots that way maybe more people would be able to get them who don't like black roots and can use easy pay.

I totally understand plunking out about $130 or so at once is a lot, that's why I wish QVC would offer them without those black roots.  I think they'd sell more wigs too.

I saw a woman today in the grocery store who was obviously either going through chemo or had something that caused hair loss.

I'm extremely (some way too much) outgoing and I came within a hair of telling her if she'd call me I'd give her one of my many wigs but then I thought it would be so stupid and pushy and not a good idea.  Her head was covered with a scarf and it kept slipping off and coming undone.

Hair is something that is important to females.

You know, I once did a paper in the college newspaper and it was based on this "I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet".

Life is kinda like that.  Humans are never satisfied, are we?  We have straight hair...but we want curly hair (and vice-versa).  We have short hair but have trouble growing the long hair we want....You get it.

But with some people, it's not a matter of choice.  That's what makes me sad.

Trusted Contributor

The ideas listed, specifically the headband is what I have used when necessary. I have a couple of really expensive wigs that grip my head so they never fall off. The less expensive ones I really need to find in a petite size. However, I have used the headband, and also the safety pins to tighten the wigs. Sometimes I also place a sweat absorber thingy in the top so it doesn't slide off from sweat. Wigs can be fun, but if you HAVE to wear them, they can be annoying.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered the short wig in red blonde.  My hair is now short with just a little length in the back about to the bottom of my neck.  I got the plus size and with that being said the wig cap must be a regular size.  I have trouble getting the back of my hair all inside the cap.  I'm going to try again today and go to a beauty supply store that sells wigs and see if I can get a larger cap and maybe even one of those grip bands.   If we order a plus size cap then I think the cap should be the same.   I do like it but have to get used to the color.  My hair now is more of a medium reddish brown and this wig has a lot of blonde.  My husband liked it too and I trust him to tell me if it looked bad.  

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the ideas.

I contacted Toni Brattin and their suggestion of crossing the velcro strips did not work.

I returned the wig today.  I really wanted it to work but just could not get a good fit.