Trusted Contributor

I think they should at least change the time to something more fair for all.  Like noon time.  I can't stay up till midnight all the time just to make sure I can pick the scent or what ever before it sells out.   When I woke up this morning they said 4 scents had already sold out.   

Trusted Contributor

I think they should at least change the time to something more fair for all.  Like noon time.  I can't stay up till midnight all the time just to make sure I can pick the scent or what ever before it sells out.   When I woke up this morning they said 4 scents had already sold out.  

Respected Contributor

Some years ago, DH and I hand poured our own candles and went to local craft shows to sell them.

We had a very nice display that DH made with a several tiered shelf that we sat them on.  We also made melts as well.

One time, we were at a show in July and it was very hot and humid.  We were keeping an eye on them and some began to melt on their own.  Thankfully, we had a big cooler with us in the back of our car and ended up putting most of them in there until the show was over.

Lesson learned for us as we no longer participated in anymore craft shows during that time of the year.  

There's no way I'd purchase candles that have to be shipped during this time of the year.  We have no idea how they're going to be packaged and with how the deliveries are working these days, you could end up with a big glass of melted wax.

JMO.

Contributor

Yes I agree!! These darn hosts need to explain the product and stop talking about themselves.

Plus the hosts got to try the NEW Scents and the customers woke up to half of them sold out.

QVC has got to get it together and reintroduce the TSV ahead time so we can take a look prior, I for one will not stay up to midnight just to see or purchae the value..

Harry you should have had enough stock!!

Regular Contributor

Everything is made in Chiners Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I've purchased many of Harry's candles over the years; some for myself and some for gifts. I have been pleased with them as have been the gift recipients. and they make a beautiful presentation in the decorative jars. I think this is a good price but I agree it's hard to decide when you cannot smell them in person. I ordered two sets today;my hairdresser gets one every year, I'll keep one, and the other two will be gifts to my daughters. It's a quality candle for $20. a piece.

Trusted Contributor

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm happy QVC went back to the old way of presenting TSVs.   There is something about the exclusivity that interested me more.  Plus, I have also liked that there were one time only items if the TSV sold out.  

Honored Contributor

Harry Slatkin thinks he's so "special" that his products are near-to-priceless.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Last night, I saw the TSV being displayed in Harry's hurricane globe so checked that out.

Is it just me or doesn't this seem totally overpriced for what it is?

product thumbnail 1

The candle is not included.  It was $96 now $79.20.

It looks like something you could find much cheaper at HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, or a craft/hobby store.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

I live in Georgia and have ordered many Slatkin candles in July and Aug throughout the years. Also from Harry Slatkin website when they have there fantastic deals. The candles arrived in perfect condition. No melting or anything. I was concerned but no worries.