Trusted Contributor

I am on the fence... I don't burn a lot of candles anyway.  But good point about mailing in the heat.  I probably will pass.  Sometimes I just like to shop.  I don't actually want the stuff.  LOL

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@staciesmom    Any idea why those scents sold out early in the day?   

I have a hard enough time deciding for myself what scent or color or flavor of something to buy -  I have no real idea how a purchasing agent decides how many of each to order.   None at all when it comes to scents -  I try to buy as much unscented stuff as I can.   Makes this TSV an easy pass.

I think the Chestnut Woods, Apple Butter Frosting & Christmas Cappochino were sold out almost instantly because they are also good for Fall - i can't imagine the tree scent or the pear scent let alone the snow scent being as popular. Soon we will see Facebook posts of people who ordered 10 or 20 boxes to resell. JMO

Honored Contributor

@staciesmom    Thanks for that answer.  I stopped buying candles when I realized how many I had stashed away.  Now I don't trust myself to light real candles in the house except a bit when I'm cooking. 

That means I have no idea what current prices are, so I was wondering if the price was low enough to attract re-sellers. Not sure how QVC or any other company can protect against that or even how they predict amounts so that they don't get left with too much inventory. 

Honored Contributor

I no longer buy his candles,just not be happy in the past with them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Well I just took a look at the video and it looks like they are already out of two of the scents. 

Plus they only disucss three of the scents (out of eight) because of all the ridiculous discussion of why his candles are so great....Then they had to take a caller so the video ends before they describe the last five scents.

Please!!!... just get on with the description of what the scents are made up of for each candle BEFORE going on and on about why the host loves them so much...too much yadda yadda!!

I really enjoy candles.  A few months ago they had Homeworx at TJMaxx.  They are good canlles and they last a long time.  However their scent notes and be tricky.  I really would prefer to smell them first.  I did purchase a melon one from Q and it is really nice.  The candles are a good price on Q.  Shawn did not do a good job on the presentations.  I was thinking of the apple buttercream but decided no and I guess it is sold out already.  There are candle groups on youtube that go into great detail on these candles.  "The santa Maria" and "Mr Kingsmom" They are ambassadors for the brand.  They had a few of these candles and did a good job explaining the notes.  Have a nice Sunday everybodySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

Slatkin candles are nice but they burn fast.  I stopped buying all candles because they are getting too expensive.  I've been using a candle warmer with the wax tarts.

I enjoy wax melts too.  Believe it or not Better Homes and Gardens wax melts at Walmart are really good.  I use to hate vanilla scents but now I am hooked on Vanilla & Cookie Crunch and Mainstays Vanilla and I am also liking Maple Sugar Deizzle.  I just ordered a Scentsy element warmer (no light bulb) just a warming unit.  I will be trying their waxmelts too.  There is a Scentsy lady on Youtube "Lisa Rowberry" She is fun to watch and is very good explaining notes of the waxSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I ordered Yankee Candles during the summer.  I live in Arizona.

When they arrived it was a box full of melted wax. The wax had soaked thru the outside of the box. 
Returned them to the local store for a full refund. 

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Kinda pricey. Or I just haven't shopped for candles in a while.

Not pricey at all.  They are huge in size and free S&H.  Try and find that quality and size in another brand.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@staciesmom wrote:

I tuned in at 6 AM east coast time and the 2 scents I wanted were already sold out. So disappointing. I can't believe they can't predict the most popular and make many more than the others. This happens every time. 

How can they predict what scents will sell out????  

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1    I've been haven't issues with my Comcast feed, so hadn't had TV for quite a few hours.  Just got a signal and see I could well be totally out of touch with candle prices.   They are doing the last TSV presentation of the day before noon! 

Many 10s of thousands have been sold.  I know that means some shoppers will be sad to miss buying, but if things don't sell out, someone is sure to think QVC is about to go out of business because they don't know what they are doing.  

I wonder if one of the reasons that some people think QVC doesn't listen to the Forums is that even here we don't agree on what they should do!  I believe they know what is said, but I also know lots of times I know what someone wants is exactly what would make me turn off.