Esteemed Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

Just saw Jane Treacy with Martha showing the TSV. I am really not trying to be tacky, but, did I just hear Jane say she is wearing them in a size 8?!!!  I would have thought Jane to be more like a 12. Guess it is true what they say about TV adding pounds! 

Every host on QVC wears clothing at least one size too small,if not two sizes too small.

-----------------------

I agree!!  Certainly many of them were wearing a size too small.  When the pants are rippling and creasing across the hips, thighs and calves...person is wearing the wrong size!!!  Really noticeable in the lighter color jeans.....

Super Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

Just saw Jane Treacy with Martha showing the TSV. I am really not trying to be tacky, but, did I just hear Jane say she is wearing them in a size 8?!!!  I would have thought Jane to be more like a 12. Guess it is true what they say about TV adding pounds! 

Every host on QVC wears clothing at least one size too small,if not two sizes too small.

@MoJoV

Well, that must be terribly uncomfortable!Smiley Surprised

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

-----------------------

I agree!!  Certainly many of them were wearing a size too small.  When the pants are rippling and creasing across the hips, thighs and calves...person is wearing the wrong size!!!  Really noticeable in the lighter color jeans.....

Jane said she wears a size 8 in Kim 's pants. I always thought they would be larger but she remains the same size in all of the lines.  I like my pants fitted. I went to Marshall's today and bought Michael Kors jeans in a size 2. They fit perfect!y and I am petite. The pants will need to be hemmed. The price tag was $120.00 but I got them for $29.99. I bought a light denim jacket for $19.99. It was a Jr size in large.  My size goes from 0 to 4 depending on the designer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thought Amy and Shawn were both in appropriate sizes and looked great in Martha's jeans during their shows today. Both also had lovely shoes. Martha had a great day with sales. My favorites were the clematis, wisteria and peacock . . . outstanding! She and Shawn had a great final show and Martha seemed to continue with plenty of energy and fun. Don't know how she (or any vendor) does those 24-hour TSV's. Impressed with her stamina and the many sell-outs. Hope next time QVC will offer talls in the MS line.    

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

Rippling and creasing across the hips or calves is not a sign that jeans are "too small", but that the fit or fabrication may not suit your body. Jane wears an 8 because the 8 fits at the WAIST--as all bottoms should. The problem is that if the hips are disproportionatley larger--according to a standard sizing chart--you will see rippling if theres is not enough stretch in the fabrication. If we purchase jeans--or any bottom for that matter--according to hip size there is bagging at the waist, a decidedly less fortunate occurence. I'm glad that NYDJ instructs women to purchase jeans according to their waist, and to give the fabric time to stretch to the contours of the body.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

(I haven't read the other replies.)

Nice jeans, and they look 'perfect' on all of the models/hosts who I've seen.

Martha first began her career as a fashion model.  

I always like to see women who are ambitious.  She probably doesn't need to continue to work, yet she keeps moving onward and forward.

Wishing her and other women much success.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@moon_gazer wrote:

It isn't just the hosts who appeared to be wearing the incorrect size.  In the  presentation I watched, there was a model, petite in stature.  I thought she was a petite, plus size model.  Her pants were so tight they looked uncomfortable.  When the host asked what size she was wearing, she answered 8 petite.

In the same presentation there was a tall model I thought was a tall, plus size model.  She lifted her shirt to show the fit around her waist and her upper legs. This only reinforced my belief she was plus size.  When she said she was in her regular 14, I could not believe it.

Honored Contributor

I loved the light with clematis but it was sold out in my size. I will look in a few weeks for as is or maybe they will pop back in sock.