Regular Contributor

The Prive Revaux glasses. I have several pairs of these. Some in my magnification for reading and some in 0 for watching TV. I'm thinking of getting the TSV today. A review someone wrote said that the blue light film came off of theirs. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd hate to invest in more glasses only to have this happen down the road. If you have this brand how do you like them? Are they holding up? Thanks

Honored Contributor

From what I read on ophthalmology websites when this "blue light" fad started, it has absolutely no value to help or improve eyesight or alleviate eyestrain.  There's no medical need for a blue light filter. 

I have several pairs of Prive readers and don't like any of them.  Mine are heavy and uncomfortable.  I read, use my tablet and watch TV at the same time.  Readers just don't work for this unless the top half of the lens is clear glass.  You can't see TV with the reader lens so you're constantly yanking them off.

I've been able to find more suitable readers elsewhere. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I bought a pair of this brand and love them.My eyes don't hurt like they did with others I bought from Amazon. I don't need any more right now but will buy more of this brand when the time comes.

Respected Contributor

@White Picket Fence  Hi ... I must have at least a dozen pair of their glasses and love them.  I only returned one set because the glasses were larger than they appeared on tv and they were way too big for my face. 

The other sets I purchased I'm VERY HAPPY with and would recommend.  

Honored Contributor

I have 8 pairs of Prive Revaux readers and 5 pairs of their sunglasses.  The readers are especially great since they give me the clearest in magnification that I have tried.  Not all brand's lens of the same magnification are made the same.  PR do not scratch so easily either.  I love the frames I've purchased.  The more fashion styled, the better. 

Honored Contributor

I bought one pair of their sunglasses but they were too heavy, hurt the bridge of my nose, so I sent them back. Not going to go through that again with their readers.

Respected Contributor

I have several pairs of their readers and like them.  They fit me well and are well made.  This is the second year I have used them and they are  holding up well.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

Re: Todays Special Value

[ Edited ]

I bought one pair, they broke up within few days. The lens was so thin and not a good quality, I promptly returned it. I can't see myself buying it ever again.

Honored Contributor

@White Picket Fence 

this brand is of excellent quality at reasonable pricing.

some of the best i have ever purchased.

i do like the blue light lenses and the film has never peeled off. there is a definite difference for me in comparison to regular reader lenses.

i purchased two sets of these today and will add them to my PR collection.

love the sunglasses also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I tried these and couldn't wear them as they gave me a headache.  I didn't see any difference with the supposed "blue light" protection either and they were too heavy on my nose.   JMO, but readers are okay for a few seconds to be able to see something more clearly, other than that they seem useless.  You are much better off investing in an extra pair of prescription glasses which is what I did.