Honored Contributor

Over the weekend I bought a new set of linens at target.  Everybody is doing their January sale and this place was no different.

My new ones are lovely - for $80 I bought Fieldcrest Luxury 600 ct Egyptian cotton in ivory.  I laundered them Monday and they came out very nicely.  They feel nice, a bit beefy.  I've not changed out my bedding yet but I''m sure they will feel nice to sleep on. 

Target had LOTS of different linens, many thread counts, colors, all on sale.  There were a few more that were more expensive but I liked the feel of these and of course target has samples of all they sell so you can feel them and then decide.

Anyone buying the tsv today?

Honored Contributor

I ordered sea glass the last time these were a TSV.  I adore them!!!!  They come out of the dryer looking brand new and are so luxurious to sleep on. Went back for butter cream this time around.  I LOVE these sheets!!!

Honored Contributor

"and of course target has samples of all they sell so you can feel them and then decide."

@PINKdogWOOD Thanks for the review and heads up!  But, I'm not sure what you mean by Target has samples.  The Target stores near me, there are 3 of them, have never had sheet samples out to feel.  Do you ask the salesclerk and they bring them out for you?  If so, I've got to find out.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

"and of course target has samples of all they sell so you can feel them and then decide."

@PINKdogWOOD Thanks for the review and heads up!  But, I'm not sure what you mean by Target has samples.  The Target stores near me, there are 3 of them, have never had sheet samples out to feel.  Do you ask the salesclerk and they bring them out for you?  If so, I've got to find out.

All of the Target stores around me has sample board of sheet swatches so you can feel the different sheets.

Honored Contributor

I have given up totally on the Northern Nights brand. 

Their down blankets are now so terribly thin, and leak feathers like a colander with water. 

The last several sets of sheets I ordered barley fit on an old fashioned 'thin' mattress, and the elastic gave up after about a year.

They could be offering today's TSV for $19.99 and I wouldn't take advantage of it. Been burned with my last three or four NN purchases and I'm done with the brand. Still have an older blanket, and my flannel sheets that are great, but they have just abandoned quality in the last 5 years or so.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy to have my older NN collection.  Love them.

During the years I've been loving my older NN, I've had sheet sets from at least 5 other sources - gifts and  sales purchases - and I haven't been crazy about any of them.

Not sure at all what I'll do when I'm forced to replace, but it's good to know Target lets us feel before we buy -  hurrah for brick and mortar!

Trusted Contributor

i've been looking for new sheets..  but i refuse to spend that much $.. i know there high end sheets and i'd love to be able to spend that $$ but are they really worth it? i just got a sheet set on sale for 20.00.... i don't need 700 thread count, i never have had it, don't need it now..lol.. dont get me wrong there fabolous sheets, just way out of my price range, when you can buy good sheets for under say 30.00....... of course if someone wants to mail me a set i won't complain   lol  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I was considering buying these sheets but then read about the chemicals used to wrinkle free them.  No thanks.  Seriously???  We have enough chemicals to live with.  I certainly don't need to sleep on this one that has been removed from many products!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

I'm curious.

I see this comment made in the Community Q&A but...can you show us an actual article and who verified this...all I see are a handful of comments but nothing scientifically verifiable.

In the presentations, it's said that it's all in the weaving process of the cotton fibers.

Thanks.

Contributor

Yes...I am getting a set in the Sea Glass plus a set of additional pillowcases in White.

I bought a set of NN Wrinkle Defense 600TC "Zara" (grey) sheets in April 2015...I LOVE those sheets...they are smooth, silky, satiny and they breath! They are nice.

So I'm trying these as the vast majority of common sense reviews have great things to say.