Today's big deal - Ice cream maker

[ Edited ]

David,

I love you and your products.  I also love Meredith's teaching.

You always give help for people with gluten free products But, especiallly with your new ice cream maker, I would love it if you would give the same interest to people who are LACTOSE INTOLERANT!!

Since I cannot use heavy cream how can I Make Lactose Intolerant Milk work with your ice cream machine recipes?

HOPING TO GET AN ANSWER SOON!

Thanking you in advance.

(removed name) 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today's big deal - Ice cream maker

That was a cute and entertaining presentation.  Better than YOUR PILLOW!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@frisco Hosts don't read or answer questions on these boards.  Best to ask such questions on Facebook. 

You don't have to use cream or any special milk product.  Last night Meredith talked about using almond milk.  The final product won't be as rich but will still be good. 

If you're really interested, I'd get the machine and experiment, then send it back if you're not happy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have a Cuisinart ice cream maker and last summer I sometimes used 2 percent milk instead of cream.  We really did not notice a difference.  However, as wonderful as homemade ice cream tastes, be careful with your cholesterol levels.  Even though I did not use eggs, my levels were outrageous and I finally just got them back to normal.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

I bought a Cuisinart last year at Bed Bath. It makes 1 1/2 quarts. I don't remember what I paid but I know it was less than this one. Plus the 20% coupon. I think it was around $75.00. Not sure.

The difference is it makes a quart 1/2 plus all the parts go in the dishwasher, which QVC's does not. They are showing how you wash out the tub by holding it in the sink and trying to clean it without getting the motor wet. Are you kidding?

My machine, the tub slides out as do all the parts. I stick them all in the dishwasher.

I think this machine is so overpriced for the small amount it makes.