I use the products and love them. But Dana (from Perricone) says that sun damage is the worst thing that can happen to your skin. But ... isn't she really tan and dark? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Today's TSV Perricone

[ Edited ]

Is this a repeat TSV??  I remember seeing this conformer serum several weeks ago because the retail price blew my mind!!

Trusted Contributor

@waterfront28 wrote:

I use the products and love them. But Dana (from Perricone) says that sun damage is the worst thing that can happen to your skin. But ... isn't she really tan and dark? 

Most smart people now use self tanners. I seriously doubt anyone working as a skin care spokesperson is baking out in tthe sun for a tan.  I can attest to the sun damage thing. I was the biggest tanorexic and am paying the price now. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Today's TSV Perricone

[ Edited ]

@waterfront28 wrote:

@waterfront28

She may naturally have darker skin or use faux tan. I believe she is Welsh, but don't know if they are naturally darker in skin tone.

Edited to add: I doubt she is suntanning, because she had cancer (not sure which kind), and as I recall she went into remission. And then last year (?) the cancer came back. I don't remember the particulars, but it would seem to me that if she had encountered cancer in her life, that she would probably do everything she can to stay away from known cancer-causing situations.

I recall that during the February presentation, a caller referred to her cancer and that the person was praying for her. It brought tears to Dana's eyes, and she thanked the person and said she was trying to be as positive in her thoughts and actions as she could be.

Honored Contributor

@imagemd wrote:

Is this a repeat TSV??  I remember seeing this conformer serum several weeks ago because the retail price blew my mind!!

@imagemd Yes, it is a repeat. I got it the first time. Works well for me. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Maybe she tans easy and also it could be maybe a spray tan?  Also she has the best dermotologist that can give her injections.........she is not wrinkle free.

Regular Contributor

@WorldTraveler wrote:

@waterfront28 wrote:

@waterfront28

She may naturally have darker skin or use faux tan. I believe she is Welsh, but don't know if they are naturally darker in skin tone.

Edited to add: I doubt she is suntanning, because she had cancer (not sure which kind), and as I recall she went into remission. And then last year (?) the cancer came back. I don't remember the particulars, but it would seem to me that if she had encountered cancer in her life, that she would probably do everything she can to stay away from known cancer-causing situations.

I recall that during the February presentation, a caller referred to her cancer and that the person was praying for her. It brought tears to Dana's eyes, and she thanked the person and said she was trying to be as positive in her thoughts and actions as she could be.

I think she must use the sunless tanning products.  And according to her FB page, she was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and is on a journey of self love & self healing. I give her alot of credit to be positive and continue working and trying her best to be upbeat.  

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

@waterfront28 wrote:

Most smart people now use self tanners. I seriously doubt anyone working as a skin care spokesperson is baking out in tthe sun for a tan.  I can attest to the sun damage thing. I was the biggest tanorexic and am paying the price now. 

I agree.

Most hosts state they faux tan. I would be certain Dana does the same.

She often takes a bruising on these boards but she seems to be a caring person. The venture group that owns Perricone just closed the original office in CT. Every person lost their job. No transfers offered.

Dana called each employee in the building to tell them how sorry she was.

Classy, caring thing to do.

Regular Contributor
She uses faux tanning products.