Trusted Contributor

@Xivambala  I agree about taking up so much time presenting items, especially this kind of an item.  The today's TSV is a total snooze for me.

Valued Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

No. I am perfectly happy with the old fashion mercury thermometer. Works great for me. I also have an electronic digital model but don't like using it. QVC spent about 40 minutes on this at midnight. How much time do you need to discuss the features...really?

If you didn't like the question, please don't answer it. I don't need your sarcasm.

Valued Contributor

@DJP wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

No. I am perfectly happy with the old fashion mercury thermometer. Works great for me. I also have an electronic digital model but don't like using it. QVC spent about 40 minutes on this at midnight. How much time do you need to discuss the features...really?

If you didn't like the question, please don't answer it. I don't need your sarcasm.

@DJP:  No sarcasm here. Just an opinion you cannot tolerate hearing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Today's Special Value

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

Are the old mercury thermometers still available? I need one, but haven't seen anything but the battery operated ones. Since I've not taken a temp in over 15 years (seriously), I don't want a battery operated one. Those batteries would die before I ever used it. Actually think my late husband probably used the current mercury thermometer in our home and he passed away beforeThanksgiving 2005. I tried it and it doesn't work any longer.

Seems like I should have a working one just in case.  

@BirkiLady the batteries in the thermometers last forever.  I rarely need one and I have never needed a battery replacement.  I have a basic digital one that you put in your mouth.  The main thing I don't like about it is it's heavier on the opposite end so more difficult to hold in place than the old mercury thermometers.

I agree with the other person who said they thought taking temps were hightly overrated for protection from Covid.

Honored Contributor

If you need a thermometer fine but what a crummy thing to offer as a gift.  And as others have said, this is a false sense of security when it comes to Covid because many never run a temperature.

Valued Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@DJP wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

@DJP:  No sarcasm here. Just an opinion you cannot tolerate hearing.

Your opinion means nothing to me. I can tolerate a lot of things, just not very rude people. 

Esteemed Contributor

During ads on current shows I flip to QVC & most always it's the TSV.  The hosts must be being pushed because they are like car salesman, very hard sell.  One gal in particular at night.  Her favorite sentence is "buy multiples".  If I got 30% off perhaps I would.