Valued Contributor

While there are a many many flavors to try, I think most keurig pods taste like hot plastic. I moved to a nepresso, loved it for years, gave it to a neighbor and now use a press but mostly have moved to pur eh tea for the health benefits. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

For a while there seemed to be 20 different versions of Keurigs on the market at one time.  There were just too many, and some got bad reputations for not lasting long.  

I've gone through three Keurigs over a 10 year period. One broke down, and two others just needed an upgrade of their features.

I've had a Nespresso coffee maker for the past 18 months or so, and will never go back.  The coffee temp is hotter  and the coffee itself is superb.  I think there are still some Keurig versions that let you adjust the temp, but that's not this TSV.

I also have a Miroco frother that I purchased separately.   

@Caaareful Shopper, does the Nespresso use only the Nespresso brand cups, or can you interchange with other brands? does it have the cup that can be used to fill with your own coffee grounds? I'm curious about the difference in quality of the machines and the customer service.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

I have had that model, or one very similar to it, for several years, about 4, I think?  I bought it for the multistream technology, which is superior to the older single stream, IMHO.   If you think you will use the frother, or have a friend who loves cappucinos or other drinks that use it you could gift it to, then this deal is a good one. 

I am disappointed this TSV is not a model that lets one select the temperature, as I would like to brew my coffee a little hotter, so I was hoping this TSV would be one of the models that does that.  However, I am still considering it, as I will have to drive quite a distance to a Costco to get a special edition Keurig model they sell, at almost the same price.  Plus it only comes in stainless, of which I am not a fan.  Still holding the mental debate.....

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

For a while there seemed to be 20 different versions of Keurigs on the market at one time.  There were just too many, and some got bad reputations for not lasting long.  

I've gone through three Keurigs over a 10 year period. One broke down, and two others just needed an upgrade of their features.

I've had a Nespresso coffee maker for the past 18 months or so, and will never go back.  The coffee temp is hotter  and the coffee itself is superb.  I think there are still some Keurig versions that let you adjust the temp, but that's not this TSV.

I also have a Miroco frother that I purchased separately.   

@Caaareful Shopper, does the Nespresso use only the Nespresso brand cups, or can you interchange with other brands? does it have the cup that can be used to fill with your own coffee grounds? I'm curious about the difference in quality of the machines and the customer service.

@MariotaMurielle  Good questions.  Very stark differences on those two points.  

The Nespresso only takes Nespresso pods.  I have the Nespresso Vertuo.  It's an upgrade to the Nespresso Original, which takes capsules that look more like Keurig's K cups.

I'd still stay away from the Nespresso Next machine.  It got bad reviews when it first came out.  I'm not sure if it has overcome it's early issues.

No, there's no equivalent My Cup for the Nespresso, at least not in any model I've ever seen.  The My cup, or brewing my own coffee grounds, is not something I ever wanted.  But if that's an important option for you, I think you'd like Keurig. 

I

Contributor

My first one lasted 12 years, my second one 5 years before I moved it to my office because Keurig sent me one to test 4 or 5 years ago that one is at my friends because Keurig sent me a different one to test which I am using now similar to the TSV and I like it.

Respected Contributor

I've had my Keurig for over 10 years.  It's pretty basic but that' what I like about it.  My daughter will be going to college next year and I picked up a Keurig for her.  It make both hot and iced coffee.  When it came out in Target when all the college stuff hit the shelves, it was $129.  I waited.  Came down to $99 then $89 and I bought it when it was $79.  

Respected Contributor

I got my Farmhouse White brewer today, and spent more time breaking down the boxes than setting up the brewer OR registering it, LOL!  Works perfectly, and replaces the white Supreme model I bought several years ago that has started to fail (wrong volumes of water, blowing grounds out of the cups on several brands, etc.)  I debated going to Costco to buy their "smarter" brewer, but DH didn't want to go shopping and I didn't want to make the hour-long drive myself, which would have cost me more in gas than the ten bucks I'd have saved on a new brewer.  Plus, of course, all the extra money I would have spent on stuff I didn't really need but saw on sale.  <sigh> 

I wish the brewer could sit solidly on top of the black K-cup drawer, just a couple of millimeters wider and it would have, and I could have cut a block of wood the right size to support the water resevoir and painted it to match.  So either it's take up more space on the counter or throw the plastic drawer away and keep the two glass canisters for other uses.  I am very much looking foward to using the frother on my homemade sugar-free eggnog later in the season, hoping I can make perfect latte's as we get closer to Christmas.

I hope everyone else who ordered one is happy with their purchase!

Super Contributor
I have had Keurig for 10 years. It has physically changed from big and heavy to small and lightweight. They all work to a degree then conk out. You have to keep them clean but running a cleaner through every now and then.
But all and all, for a one cup stop they are good.