New Contributor

Hello

Can someone clarify for me the 365 software progam option that comes with this computer.  After one year do I need to pay to renew?  I know you get updates but I also thought once you bought software  it was yours for life.

Thank you

Cynthia

Trusted Contributor

Re: Today's HP Desktop

[ Edited ]

The Microsoft Office 365-which is what you are talking about for the extra $50- is a 1 year subscription for that program.  It is what MIcrosoft went to a few years ago. You have to repurchase when the year is up.   You still can purchase your own Microsoft Office Suite  for more money but it is yours to keep.   They also offer  discounts for teachers and students on these programs.  You just have to shop around.  If you choose to go that route it will cost you over $100.  Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@kjae wrote:

The Microsoft Office 365-which is what you are talking about for the extra $50- is a 1 year subscription for that program.  It is what MIcrosoft went to a few years ago. You have to repurchase when the year is up.   You still can purchase your own Microsoft Office Suite  for more money but it is yours to keep.   They also offer  discounts for teachers and students on these programs.  You just have to shop around.  If you choose to go that route it will cost you over $100.  Good luck.

I have used Office 365 since 2015. Most programs come with a rental fee. Office costs $69 for one user for a year. You can rent a five user license for $99.