Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,989
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash

The Benvenuto leather tote. Be still my ❤️ 

So tempted. Until I saw the weight is over two pounds empty. 😮

Still tempted. Just a beautiful bag in every respect. Have admired it for months. 
Need an intervention. Haha

*I tried to form a gang once but it turned into a book club*
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,268
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash

@fairydogmother It's a beautiful bag. I love Patricia Nash styles & the quality is great.

2.36 lbs is a lot. And, then I add all of my things to it!

It is pretty, though.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,348
Registered: ‎12-07-2014

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash


@fairydogmother wrote:

The Benvenuto leather tote. Be still my ❤️ 

So tempted. Until I saw the weight is over two pounds empty. 😮

Still tempted. Just a beautiful bag in every respect. Have admired it for months. 
Need an intervention. Haha


@fairydogmother 

I have 3 and they are beatifully made.

Well-organized.

Perfect for carrying things to my university classes.

Use for conferences, meetings.

 

I have never carried one just as a handbag, though.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,097
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash

A couple of years back I realized I had about a half dozen beautiful bags that I had barely used because they were heavy leather.   I might have used each once since then, but at least by taking stock I stopped myself from buying bags that weigh even close to 2 pounds.  

 

I can still admire beautiful leather, but I'm not buying it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,651
Registered: ‎06-19-2010

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash


@millieshops wrote:

A couple of years back I realized I had about a half dozen beautiful bags that I had barely used because they were heavy leather.   I might have used each once since then, but at least by taking stock I stopped myself from buying bags that weigh even close to 2 pounds.  

 

I can still admire beautiful leather, but I'm not buying it.

 

 


Me too. I've only been carrying wristlets with a crossbody strap lately. I only carry a phone, credit card case, keys and a few smaller items. I don't need a big bag for that.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,234
Registered: ‎05-15-2014

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash

I like Patricia Nash bags but I also find them heavy.  I am carrying one right now that I know once I change it over I won't use it again.  My shoulders just can't take it anymore sadly.  I mostly do backpack types and crossbody now.  While I can wear this one crossbody it's just too big for me, I bump into things and people, LOL!   

Contributor
Posts: 39
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash

I have it in the map design.  I'm 71 years old and I can manage it.  It is so beautiful.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,989
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash


@Skinsgirl wrote:

I have it in the map design.  I'm 71 years old and I can manage it.  It is so beautiful.


Same age as you. I carry a pistol so another 20oz would just be too much. 
yes it is absolutely beautiful in the photos. I'm glad you love yours 😊

I have the Poppy tote in tan, and a gorgeous tooled crossbody of hers. 
if I ever decide to stop concealed carrying, those are the first two bags I'll reach for. 

*I tried to form a gang once but it turned into a book club*
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎12-06-2010

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash

I am 68, so just a pup still wet behind the ears, 🤣, but I carry heavy leather bags, a revolver (S&W) , and everything but the kitchen sink. Right now, I have a huge D&B Florentine that is over 2 pounds before contents are added. I tell myself it is my muscle building exercise, 😁. I intend to carry as long as possible. Oh, son bought me a molded metal piece to hold my S&W so that adds even more weight.
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,989
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Today’s Big Deal Patricia Nash


@Lottapaws wrote:
I am 68, so just a pup still wet behind the ears, 🤣, but I carry heavy leather bags, a revolver (S&W) , and everything but the kitchen sink. Right now, I have a huge D&B Florentine that is over 2 pounds before contents are added. I tell myself it is my muscle building exercise, 😁. I intend to carry as long as possible. Oh, son bought me a molded metal piece to hold my S&W so that adds even more weight.

Aha. We have S&W in common 😉 mine is the Shield 380 EZ 

So, I have several CCW bags with the built in holsters. 
But sometimes I want to use a nicer bag from my small collection. I also have a custom made kydex holster. However some of my purses aren't suitable for that. Like they don't have a pocket deep enough or whatever. 
Do you carry your firearm in all of your designer bags? Do you have a designated spot for it?

*I tried to form a gang once but it turned into a book club*