New Contributor

Re: Today TSV Barefoot Dreams....

I purchased the black from the 9/18 TSV, because 

the indigo had sold out in xs.

I almost bought the indigo yesterday, until I read it’s msde from 100% polyester. 

The fabrication of my 9/18 purchase is rayon & nylon. 

I remember Kelsey discussing the bamboo & what made the BD fabric so popular & unique.

I justified the high price, because of the bamboo nylon in the fabric. 

However, I don’t understand why BD is selling a 100% polyester cardigan? 

I do notice Kelsey isn’t spending time educating on the fabric & why it’s so soft & strechy  like she usually does in great detail. 

I cant justify spending $140 or $79.98TSV for 100% polyester.

It’s not like BD has decades of being couturier, like Dennis Basso, who can get away with doing  100% polyester for the Q. 

Since the primary focus of this TSV is the cozy factor

& not the fabrication which makes it cozy. 

I can get a much better deal on loungewear from Cuddle Duds or Anybody.

I’m so happy I read the fabric description, before getting excited & purchasing the indigo. 

I’m disappointed BD hasn’t mentioned this is a different fabrication.

That it’s not what made them famous after being on the great  O’s favorites list. 

Respected Contributor

This thread is a yr old....there are current ones to post on for todays TSV....I have a 100% poly BFD coat and I love it....so no issues for me on the fabric.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t care for their fabrics. I’m sure they are comfy, but they look very cheap and shleppy to me.  If you get it,hope it’s great for you! 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered early and received mine and already it's on it's way back for a smaller size. I ordered a medium and it was huge on  me and according to BD sizing I should have gotten a large. Anyway,  I ordered a small hoping it'll work. Only mentioning to tell you all that I am 5'8" and it came to my thigh  about 2" above my knee.  To be honest it's a good length on me . Not sure about a petite person. It's an individual preference I guess.. I wouldn't want mine any longer.   

Respected Contributor

@violet runner  I bought one and it's huge - not sized like the Montecito.  Very disappointed, but it's large and smelled like some sort of chemical (which I could have washed out if keeping).  I would have sent back for an exchange but I think the sizing is off and not sure if I would need to go down one or even two sizes.  The length of arms is freakishly long - it was longer then my fingertips.  

Back it goes. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Valued Contributor

I am a newbie to Barefoot Dreams and always thought no way am I buying for that price. I decide to try this TSV after reading posts and people’s opinions. I received it yesterday in the mail. I am very petite around 5’3” and 120 pounds and yes it comes to my knees. The fabric is very nice feeling it’s almost spongy like to me with a softness. I have a similar fabric that I have found in other stores which were less expensive. I work from home so I am always wearing a robe of some sort and always chilly. To me this is robe like which I don’t mind. I’m thinking this could even be your outerwear if you want instead of a bulky jacket. I have the garnet and the color is very pretty. It almost has specks of blue within but more red/burgundy in the color. I am still trying to decide if I will keep it based on the price since honestly I do feel even the $79 price range is high.