Respected Contributor

Re: Today TSV Barefoot Dreams....

@SilleeMee

I have to agree.  Active people, short people, just don't need all that longer fabric flapping around the knees and in the front. It's like long bell-shaped sleeves, in the way. It could work as a robe, but I really don't need a robe. I'd like to have a barefoot dreams item, but not this one.  Too bad.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This will be my fourth B.D. Why: they feel so and look so good! Also are warm but not bulky. B.D. website will give you a good idea of usual prices, styles etc. I am of average height and weight and wear my B.D. sweaters/wraps usually with leggings. I buy the small/medium. Best feeling sweaters I own.

Esteemed Contributor

@qshopper2007 wrote:

I'm very petite and I ordered one in an XXS/XS but I'm very concerned about the length.  On the more petite presenter it looked to hit at a spot I'd be ok with, but in the picture on the product page, the model is 5 ft 9 in and it's past her knee (in an XS!). At that rate this would be practically to the floor on me. I had to return the Barefoot Dreams circle cardigan because it was too big, but the length on this one is supposedly a little shorter according to the measurements.  Just looking at the models there seems to be no ryhme or reason as to how long it's falling on them.  I have my fingers crossed cause those return shipping fees are a bummer.

If I were you, I would pass. I tried one on at Nordstrom and it nearly hung to the floor. I am 5'1" . These are not made for petites.

Contributor

I bought the last TSV  Calypso wrap cardigan and at first loved it. It was so soft.However, I wear mine pretty much every day using it like my short robe. I work from home and sometimes have it on all day. I am really disappointed that it really has not held up through that daily wear. It is no longer as soft and is getting very worn looking. I follow the care instructions- wash on cool and lay  flat and do a quick tumble in the dryer to fluff. I debated getting this one but after thinnking about how this really does not hold up that well I am probably passing. Even though this price is way better than other items they sell it is still not cheap to have it be this worn down.

Esteemed Contributor

It is an easy pass for me.

Frequent Contributor

@elated wrote:

@qshopper2007 wrote:

I'm very petite and I ordered one in an XXS/XS but I'm very concerned about the length.  On the more petite presenter it looked to hit at a spot I'd be ok with, but in the picture on the product page, the model is 5 ft 9 in and it's past her knee (in an XS!). At that rate this would be practically to the floor on me. I had to return the Barefoot Dreams circle cardigan because it was too big, but the length on this one is supposedly a little shorter according to the measurements.  Just looking at the models there seems to be no ryhme or reason as to how long it's falling on them.  I have my fingers crossed cause those return shipping fees are a bummer.

If I were you, I would pass. I tried one on at Nordstrom and it nearly hung to the floor. I am 5'1" . These are not made for petites.

Thanks for the info.  After I read your post I tried to cancel my order but it's already in process Smiley Sad. It looks like such a good length on the petite presenter from the company - definitely not as long as on some of the models that are even taller than her.  So confusing.

Respected Contributor

This brand is big with the stars, and they have the $ ... I think it’s overpriced and looks like baggy bathrobe with no sash- Sorry,  but even the colors are drab and unattractive- No way. 

Honored Contributor

Everyone who has it on looks sloppy.  It looks like a blanket. 

Respected Contributor

I bet a very small percentage of “stars” wear BD. 

Respected Contributor

I saw some Barefoot Dreams items in Dillards today. Honestly didn't see what's the big deal about them. Lol, I'd rather have some Cuddl Duds fleece items instead.