Esteemed Contributor

Today TSV Barefoot Dreams....

Was just watching the presentation.....and they were saying that the lengths are great for petite or taller persons...then i checked the "click here" measurments...and the smaller size the vendor was wearing is a shorter length then a larger size......as each size goes up..1-2 inches are added to the length........so if you were a XL petite the length would be much longer then if you were a XS in the same wrap........you would have to wear a small size to get the shorter length....................just hearing the vendor and the host comparing the petite vendor's size and the tall models size and saying the length looks great on both of them...is a bit misguiding...

Respected Contributor

Re: Today TSV Barefoot Dreams....

[ Edited ]

I like it but usually don’t  wear that sort of garment. I just wear basic jackets. I like the colors. I’m not sure its the best for a short person like me, might make me look overwhelmed or droopy.  Machine wash and dry is good. 

Good points about the length, Kelsey. Of course they would say the length looks good no matter how it looks—they are selling!  Are you getting, And if so what color?

is it a good price?

Trusted Contributor

@Another new name Sue  It is a good price compared to regular prices for this brand.  It is comparable to a very good sale price or what you might pay at costco. I have the same style without pockets and many other pieces. If you want to know more about price comparisons take a look at  Nordstrom .... they usually have a few pieces in sale and many at regular prices.   Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

I ordered the cardigan style back a few months ago when it was the TSV when it was at a great price.  It is now $130!!!!  I had wanted the cardigan style later in indigo, but unwilling to pay $130.  I'm getting this in Indigo instead.  Based on what they did with the price jump in the cardigan, I have no doubt that the price on this one will jump significantly.  

Respected Contributor

I agree about the length for petites. It is a good length on the petite representative in the extra small but going up I think it would be too long on a petite. It is a good price though and I love the blue color. 

Trusted Contributor

am I missing something? why are these barefoot dreams products so expensive? these wraps can be found anywhere for half the price, are these cashmere?
Respected Contributor

Front length of a s/m is just over 30”.  That hits mid thigh for me at my 5’4”. Yet on the model Hendricka wearing an even smaller size, the front hits at the knees and she is 5’7”.  I’m  too short to have something dangling around the knees. 

I don’t understand. 

Trusted Contributor

It’s the fabric and ease of care that sets it apart. I dress very casually and have an active lifestyle so it works for me. I have a similar wrap that I use as a  robe because it’s cozy but lightweight. 

It just depends what you like....for example I don’t like cashmere so don’t buy at any priceSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Once or twice a year Nordstrom has a huge sale on BD and many of the styles (I am sure the older styles) are 50% off.  It is an online only sale.  I missed seeing the email in the morning and but mid -afternoon almost everything was sold out.  The prices were REALLY good!

Anyway- the model who is 5'9" is wearing an XS and it is very long on her.  I am NOT 5'9 so I am worried about this length!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm finding the length on these confusing.  The length look good on the presenter who is wearing the xxs/xs and 5'3" and yet some of the taller models who are wearing that same size the wrap is hitting at their knees and they are tall.  I was thinking of this for a gift for someone who is 5'1" in the xxs/xs but concerned about the length.  Think I'll pass.