Honored Contributor

Re: Today TSV Barefoot Dreams....

I have noticed that the fabric this company uses is better than CD. Have not had pilling.

The long wrap does not appeal to me...does not fit my lifestyle.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I am only 5'1".  Wish they offered in Petite.  This would be at my knees.

Frequent Contributor

I'm very petite and I ordered one in an XXS/XS but I'm very concerned about the length.  On the more petite presenter it looked to hit at a spot I'd be ok with, but in the picture on the product page, the model is 5 ft 9 in and it's past her knee (in an XS!). At that rate this would be practically to the floor on me. I had to return the Barefoot Dreams circle cardigan because it was too big, but the length on this one is supposedly a little shorter according to the measurements.  Just looking at the models there seems to be no ryhme or reason as to how long it's falling on them.  I have my fingers crossed cause those return shipping fees are a bummer.

Honored Contributor

The style is what is making me not order. Every BFD cardigan looks the same to me. I have 2 and that's plenty.

Honored Contributor

I have the cardigan style (I believe it's called Monticeto).  It's straight across the bottom and not as much extra fabric in the front.  For those reasons, I just cancelled my order for the TSV.  I don't much care for all that fabric in front on me.  Great price, though!  

Esteemed Contributor

@qshopper2007 wrote:

I'm very petite and I ordered one in an XXS/XS but I'm very concerned about the length.  On the more petite presenter it looked to hit at a spot I'd be ok with, but in the picture on the product page, the model is 5 ft 9 in and it's past her knee (in an XS!). At that rate this would be practically to the floor on me. I had to return the Barefoot Dreams circle cardigan because it was too big, but the length on this one is supposedly a little shorter according to the measurements.  Just looking at the models there seems to be no ryhme or reason as to how long it's falling on them.  I have my fingers crossed cause those return shipping fees are a bummer.

@qshopper2007 - exactly my thoughts.

Contributor

I’m on the fence about ordering....the price is good and this fabric is so very soft. But I’m concerned it will be too long and make me look dumpy. BD seems to think that the more you weigh the taller you are, just look at how they size their robes. And it will cost me $7-8 to send it back if it doesn’t work so......

Super Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
am I missing something? why are these barefoot dreams products so expensive? these wraps can be found anywhere for half the price, are these cashmere?

No, they are NOT cashmere.  They are wonderful fabrication of nylon and rayon from bamboo.  They carry this brand at Nordstrom, Soma, etc.  It is expensive and this is an amazing price.

Super Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Front length of a s/m is just over 30”.  That hits mid thigh for me at my 5’4”. Yet on the model Hendricka wearing an even smaller size, the front hits at the knees and she is 5’7”.  I’m  too short to have something dangling around the knees. 

I don’t understand. 

I'm 5'3" and it is a longer cardigan and hits above my knees.  I love the fabrication and style and it covers my bottom. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me it appears to have too much fabric going on in the front part...makes it look sloppy to me.  The petite model looks overwhelmed in it. I'm just not liking it at all. Looks like a miss-shaped bath robe, sorry.  I really wanted to see presented before buying it but after seeing it on air, it's a definite pass.