Contributor

Tired of the weekend being all about Christmas!!

Am so tired of the entire weekend being full of Christmas Today's Special Values and other Christmas items.  I buy gifts along the year if they really fit the person on my gift list.  I have checked over on the channel several times during the course of three days and saw nothing that interested me.   Where I live is experiencing a true heat wave, and I can't begin to think about holiday items.  Since I work, the weekends are the best time for me to shop.  These unappealing items put me over to the other main shopping channel to see their new Windows 10 HP laptops.  I don't expect that I was the only one who felt that way.  I wish you would have put Nate, the Dell guy on with his new laptop with Windows 10 on during the weekend rather than some time during the week.  I got no notice he was going to be on with this new Dell.  Therefore, I missed it.  I have had to watch the presentation after the fact with no ability to buy it at a One Time Only Price like other folks got to do.  I wonder if anyone at QVC is listening to me. 

Contributor

Re: Tired of the weekend being all about Christmas!!

I totally agree. I really hate when they keep doing Christmas, starting heavily in August/September. And now a whole weekend in July with regular Christmas in July shows during the week.

QVC is a very smart company and obviously this must work to their advantage in terms of sales numbers.

Esteemed Contributor

Won't watch it.    Image result for covering eyes emoticon

Honored Contributor

And know that there are just as many who dislike the all week long jewelry or handbag or clothing or beauty marathons that go on as well. I guess we'll all just have to grow up and act like we made it past kindergarten, and realize that we have to share (air time) and not everything is about us. 

Super Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Won't watch it.    

Won't watch it.  Don't watch it!  (fixed that for you)

Simply turn the TV off! or change the channel.

Honored Contributor

I am starting to miss Serta Beds and Dell Computers..... Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I'm sick to death of Christmas and I haven't even watched any of the shows, just bits and pieces as I change channels.

I don't understand the attraction of this Bliss light gadget, of which they claim to have sold thousands. To me it looks like colored bugs crawling all over the house. What's so attractive about that?

When Evine had their Christmas Day, they had a similar thing that projected reindeer,' snowflakes and other recognizable things, which I thought was more sensible but not something I'd want. I've never seen one of these projectors in use in my town.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Christmas programming from now until Dec 20 or so.   I don't watch until the middle of November.  I love Christmas, but I don't like it to be overdone.  Others enjoy the programs a lot and will be watching steadily for the next 6 months.  It obviously generates lots of revenue, hence the Christmas push for 6 months.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen one of these lights displayed in my town either.  I would rather the lights not move, but that's just me.  I suppose if we decorated our house in a Mega way (so people would make the effort to come and look every year) it might make sense.  But honestly, it doesn't interest me......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

The Christmas season is long and drawn out even when it starts at a "normal" time of the year! So enough already! I turned it off. In my part of the country summer just made its debut and I am not going to ruin that with Christmas trimmings!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield