Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the dermabrasion machine?

I didn't know Dr Denese had sold a similar device . I have used some of her products.  At this time, I use the hydroshield every night.   From my brief tryout of the derm abrasion machine, I'd say it did smooth my skin in a way that no products have.  

Contributor

I am not seeing hardly anything on my filter.  On TV the filter was really white and I have used my machine twice with very little on my filter.  Is this normal?  I am 61 and use Perricone skin products and a Clarasonic.

Honored Contributor

@bdickerson wrote:

I am not seeing hardly anything on my filter.  On TV the filter was really white and I have used my machine twice with very little on my filter.  Is this normal?  I am 61 and use Perricone skin products and a Clarasonic.

@bdickerson

Are you using the Auto program? I don't. For most areas (forehead, sides of face, neck, chest, hands) I turn it to maximum suction. I use less suction on cheeks (capillaries), nose and upper lip. A good suction should be felt and you should also feel the diamond tip.

I also use a Clarisonic, and yes, using it does have an effect on how much is in my filter. There is some after face and neck, but I have to use another filter for hands and arms - wow.  My skin feels very smooth and soft after use, and I think it's lightening the age spots on my hands. And neither the Clarisonic nor professional facials have made my face feel as smooth afterwards.

I just received the company's argan stem cell serum and used it for the first time a few minutes ago. It has more of a watery texture than I expected, but it sinks into the skin quickly and leaves a nice non-sticky, non-oily feel. It wasn't a bad price as these things go, and there is free shipping from the company website.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@bdickerson wrote:

I'm still experimenting with mine.  I do a few spots on my face first, then do some areas on my arms and legs.  I do see the results on the filter.  

are  you using this only on your face?   Perhaps my results would be different if I only did that?

Contributor

Yes, I used the auto feature since I am on a learning curve.  I

have not tried the arms yet.  I will amp it up a bit to see if I

can see a difference.  Thanks.

Contributor

i have only used on face.  I will try some other areas. 

Honored Contributor

@bdickerson wrote:

i have only used on face.  I will try some other areas. 

If you don't feel you need to use it anywhere else, then maybe you don't need this?   Sounds like you're getting good results on your face with what you're already doing!  

My primary reason for buying this was to treat some areas on my arms and legs that haven't cleared up with the use of Retin A.  And since I have it, I'm also using it on my face and think there are some benefits for me there, too 

Honored Contributor

@september @Ceci

Right now there is a code for 20% off ordering from the Trophy Skin website. I'm not sure how long it's good for - a few days? I got an extra package of filters and an extra diamond tip, with free shipping, for $10 off.  

Gotta love those FIREWORK we're starting to hear.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde   I'll probably take advantage of that discount, soon.  I want to give this product another week or two, to make sure it's a keeper.  I think it is...but I ordered on easy pay, which I only opt for if I'm not sure I'm going to keep it