Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the dermabrasion machine?

@brando wrote:

I had a microneedling test patch done on my cheek a while ago for acne pit marks. I don't recall as to whether it made any sort of difference at all. Of course, you need more than one test. Would this machine maybe do a better job or is that something best left to the dermatologist?

This machine is for microdermabrasion and not microneedling. These are not the same procedures. This machine does not puncture the skin but will remove dead skin from the surface. @brando

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Think I'll skip it.  Nothing I have ever bought that is similar has ever lived up to its claims.And I have a pacemaker; not sure if this is compatable with it.

Valued Contributor

A gimmick. We lose hundreds of thousands skin cells a day and this if anything removes build up that rebuilds in minutes. Chemical exclusion would have better results in the longterm and cheaper. 

Trusted Contributor

I just called the customer service number for the Dermabrasion machine asking if this can be used after Botox or fillers. They had no idea. I wish that they would address this on QVC. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@BARBIE100 wrote:

I just called the customer service number for the Dermabrasion machine asking if this can be used after Botox or fillers. They had no idea. I wish that they would address this on QVC. 

I just called my aesthetician who performs microdermabrasion, Botox injections and fillers. She said she recommends that her clients wait at least 24 hours after Botox for microdermabrasion. She also said fillers are not affected by microdermabrasion because fillers are too deep within the skin for it to be of any concern. @BARBIE100

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@BARBIE100 wrote:

I just called my aesthetician who performs microdermabrasion, Botox injections and fillers. She said she recommends that her clients wait at least 24 hours after Botox for microdermabrasion. She also said fillers are not affected by microdermabrasion because fillers are too deep within the skin for it to be of any concern. @BARBIE100

Great information! Thank you @SilleeMee

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Super Contributor

Does dermabrasion help with sun damage?

Honored Contributor

I'm very, very rarely this impulsive, but I just ordered one.  I liked the presentation and importantly, did not feel conned by the vendor, whom I also liked.

I'm not at all buying for wrinkle removal - thanks to my DNA, I don't have many actual wrinkles. I'm buying it for skin resurfacing and lightening of age spots, primarily. So my foundation will go on smoother, too. For hands and chest as well.

I've been using a Clarisonic for a year, and honestly it hasn't done what I'd hoped it would.

I'm not the person who is able (or would be willing) to splash out in the hundreds to thousands on yearly cosmetic procedures, but this I'm willing to try, to see how it does on my specific issues. If it doesn't live up to the hype, 90 days is a great return policy.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I have the PMD then bought the 360 by Kelly West from HSN. The 360 is much like the tsv, and it's comparable to professional microdermabrasion treatments. I love it and it does lessen the fine lines and your skin is beyond soft afterwards. If mine breaks I would buy another. Much cheaper than professional treatments. 

Honored Contributor

I'm going to give it a try. In addition to the facial use, I plan to use it on a few areas on my legs and arms where I had some biopsies done last year.  These spots are still darkened and I've been using Retin A on them and they haven't changed much. I think there's nothing to lose but my time.  I'll return it if it doesn't give me results.