Valued Contributor

Thoughts on the dermabrasion machine?

Three months, might give it a try.

Has anyone had it done and does it really help your skin?

Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the dermabrasion machine?

All it does is remove dead skin cells, which you can do with a soft facial brush.  IMHO these are a total scam.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I tried one of these several years ago and I did not do a very good job.  It took about two months for my skin to return to normal.  Leave these things to a professional--just my opinion.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I got one a few years ago and used it a few times. I felt it did nothing. I used to have regularly dermabrasian treatments from a professional for years until she moved away and I couldn't find another person who didn't charge close to $100 per treatment so I gave up. Now I just use a gentle scrub and Clarasonic. Save your money and the shipping. 

Watch for Costco special events.  Every so often they have one for a much more reasonable price plus you can take it back without paying a huge shipping fee.

Contributor

Good Morning Ceci,   I tried a dermabrasion which was sold at Ulta a couple of years ago.  It did removed dead skin and my skin looked brighter and felt smooth, but i was uneasy with the suction to my face.   I was worried of doing this and causing my skin damage from the suction.   Of course the machine i bought was not as high tech as this one , mine did not show me the step by step on a computer but basically it looked the same as far as the diamond wand.   I ended up taking mine back to Ulta after a week.  I am skipping on this TSV , it sounds great but the only think i dont like is the suction and pulling of the skin on my face.   Just my thoughts, i hope it give you some info.  God Bless you

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you have any broken caps like me, then I would not use this type of exfoliation. It will only exacerbate it. The broken caps I have got worse and new ones were starting to form the more I used this kind of device. Otherwise it did leave my skin very smooth and bright. I'm 61yo.

This is my experience. You may have a different one. 

Respected Contributor

Years ago I purchased the dermabrasion TSV from QVC.  I really saw no difference. 

Trusted Contributor

I purchased one a few years ago and was not impressed. I also think that you have to be careful if you have had Botox or fillers. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Occasional Contributor

I had a microneedling test patch done on my cheek a while ago for acne pit marks. I don't recall as to whether it made any sort of difference at all. Of course, you need more than one test. Would this machine maybe do a better job or is that something best left to the dermatologist?

Honored Contributor

Unk-jay.

Dangerous unk-jay.