Honored Contributor

@Jesse Ann wrote:
I just found out, by my Great Uncle visiting from CA, that he is a Pima Cotton farmer!! He started to explain what Pima Cotton is and I stopped him and recited the rest😂 Thanks to Isaac Mizrahi!! My Uncle told me, I asked, that Supima Cotton is the name brand of Pima Cotton. Same Pima cotton, just name brand. Interesting! Maybe y’all knew that. I didn’t. There are so many uses for old sheets. You can even donate them to the thrift store if you don’t use them for anything else other than beds.
But to answer the original question….NOT ANOTHER SHEET TSV

@Jesse Ann    Both Supima and Pima cotton are patented names for types of cotton plants.  The Supima is a superior plant and makes the silliest fabric.  Pima fabric is also long staple but is often mixed with up to 20% regular cotton so its not quite as silky.  A garment must be 100% Supima to be labeled as such.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I don't know about this set, but I purchased Northern Nights 500TC in May 2021 and they barely lasted over 6 months.   All of a sudden there was a huge tear in the middle of the fitted sheet and not where it was likely that foot movement or nails would have done the damage.   I've continued to use the pillow cases and last week the entire end split open.  I'm hesitant to try any more from this brand.

Respected Contributor

@DayzeeDeez wrote:

I don't know about this set, but I purchased Northern Nights 500TC in May 2021 and they barely lasted over 6 months.   All of a sudden there was a huge tear in the middle of the fitted sheet and not where it was likely that foot movement or nails would have done the damage.   I've continued to use the pillow cases and last week the entire end split open.  I'm hesitant to try any more from this brand.

I have that set and like it a lot.  In fact, I usually wash it and put it right back on my bed.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I've bought their sheets before and have always been pleased. The price is good, in my opinion. The only thing preventing me from buying is that their mattress depth is 16.5" and my mattress is not that thick. This makes the sheets not fit well and I like the fitted sheet to fit tightly. I think NN is the best brand the Q sells in linens at present. I've gotten sheets, pillows, towels, and blankets and have been very satisfied with everything.

@Carolina925    The sheets have a broad elastic band around the entire circumference so there should be no problem keeping it in place

@Kachina624 , my last set of NN have very nice broad bands and I don't have any trouble with them staying on the bed, they just are so large that they aren't snug. When I replace my current mattress, I'm sure they will fit fine.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered two sets for us and one for gift for one of our sons.  I like that they are all cotton with nothing sprayed on for wrinkle-free.  (I don't care if my sheets have a few wrinkles in them.). I thought the colors and prints were odd.  Shipping for 3 sets was a lot, but I've had good luck with NN in the past.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Nice deal for king size.  I only like 100% cotton so these are calling my name.  Deciding which pattern is difficult. 

I ended up choosing the Blue Medallion pattern. 

Frequent Contributor
@Kachina624 Supima cotton IS THE MARKETING BRAND NAME OF AMERICAN GROWN PIMA COTTON!
The word Supima is the blending of the words “Superior” and “Pima”. My great uncle explained this to me as he is one of the farmers that sells his Pima cotton to the trademark name Supima! Yes, it’s the same plant. Same cotton. I asked him. Because I thought they were two different type of cotton plants. You can look up the trademark name of TENCEL that is branded name of cellulosic fibers, like Lyocell and Modal, which are all made out of trees! It’s all about marketing and money!
Honored Contributor

@Jesse Ann    There is conflicting information online but I think this one gives a good explanation.

https://www.sleeplander.com/sheets/supima-vs-pima-cotton-sheets/

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a strong feeling that I should have ordered........

Really, excellent price for non-treated (anti-wrinkle) fabric. 

Dratts..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I received my NN TSV sheets.  Decided to wash one set.  After washing, it is nowhere near as soft and smooth as before washing.  Will they improve with more wash/dry cycles?  I followed the instructions.  I bought 3 sets; one to be given as a gift.  I am disappointed and will probably return them.

Anyone else?  Your thoughts?