Respected Contributor

Those who ordered the Iman TS maxi dress

What did you think of it when it arrived? I was disappointed. The black palm print was stunning! I loved that. And the dress fit ok. But the fabrication- ugh. So hot and heavy. I knew I wouldn't be able to stand the feel of that material or the weight of it this summer. Returning it tomorrow. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Re: Those who ordered the Iman TS maxi dress

Mine is coming tomorrow. I'm cold-natured, so providing it fits and I like it, it will probably work for me.

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Mine is coming tomorrow. I'm cold-natured, so providing it fits and I like it, it will probably work for me.

Which one did you order? Come back and share your opinion. Hope you love it 😊 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I ordered the black floral. I also ordered the black topper.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother,

I already posted on the other thread a review but the pros-

loved the neckline, the sleeves, the length.

The con

s-

It just looked awful on me. Made me look like a football player with huge shoulders.

The elastic was right up under the bust and not flattering at all. Plus even though I sized up it was that very constricting elastic and not forgiving.

I don't think any size would have mattered, it just was the construcion of the elastic and also the odd placement.

I really wanted to love it. I got the black palm which I thought was elegant. I'm returning as soon as I get the return label mailed to me.

I only order maybe once or twice from either qvc or hsn a year so this was a dissapointment.

It did somehow look good on the models.

And the material was very heavy but kind of silky and stretchy so forgiving except for the elastic. I was in my super ac so yes that material is probably very hot in summer.

It is really hard to find real light breathable cotton without all this clingy thick stretchy material.

I think you may have to have a perfect hourglass figure for this to work, and even then it may manage to accuentuate issues you never felt were there!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I ordered a regular and petite in the solid black and the blue floral.  Even though I listened to the length and measured it on me before ordering I ordered both to be safe. At 5-6" the regular was too long and sat on my feet (trip hazard) those are going back. The petites come about 2" above top of foot, I would prefer more at the ankle itself but I can live with it. The material is definitely not for a hot day, but I would wear them with low humidity. I found the bust area large for me even when tightening the strings up but not enough to be exposed, one more negative. A plus is the elastic at the front waist, showing a little definition of a waistline. These are nice enough for the price, and note the blue floral is beautiful and camouflages my belly.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  I looked for that thread before I posted but couldn't find it. I agree 💯 about the elastic. Was an odd placement and felt tight. Like I said the dress did fit, meaning I ordered my correct size. I'm sure many ladies will like it. A lot depends on how your body is shaped. I carry my twenty extra pounds from shoulders to hips. Top heavy, if you will. So maybe this wasn't my best look. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Speaking of dresses, I received this one A501317 in todays mail. Love love love!! My fave colors are in the stripes. Cool, comfortable, easy. 
B80D1868-17DF-44E7-817C-D1F04024F9E9.jpeg

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  I feel like I need to go buy a lottery ticket.  The TS Iman Maxi came today, and it fits like a dream. I love it, and the black floral is stunning.  Thank you to everyone who advised me to get a small!  I am 5'6" and 130 pounds.  I bought the small average, but I have to wear platform heels with it. If I order another, I might try the small petite so that I could wear flats with it. We'll see. It came in this teensy tiny box, and the wrinkles just shook out of it. Now I'm anxious to try more of her clothing line.

thumbnail.jpegthumbnail1.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg  Glad you took photos- you knew how great this looks on you. You look fabulous 🥰

Harmonize the World