Super Contributor

Re: Things Hosts and Vendors say to sell sell sell !

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Travone wrote:

Two that drive me crazy are:

You can dress it up or dress it down 

And

It's a no print,  print 

@Travone   @Goodie2shoes 

Or its sibling "You can wear it with jeans and a tee shirt!"

Honestly, Bruce Makowsky ALWAYS said that about every single handbag he ever presented.  I always wondered just WHY he thought that was some how a good selling point.  lol

And lets not forgot the ever popular "Denim Friendly". 

Doesn't everything go with denim? We don't need to be told.

Valued Contributor

Ali has a personal endorsement for every product. On Bareoot Dreams, her kids love to snuggle in her BFD sweaters, tonight on a pajama set, she said her she and her mother and her sisters like to get matching sets because they can't be together! These are just 2 that come to mind. She is so phony and her sales pitches are ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

@staciesmom 

Yes, phony, I agree with you.  Many other hosts are WAY phonier than Ali, however.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought of his thread the other night when Two Faced was presented. Jane went on & on about it's all she wears. Thre days before Tarte foundation is all she wears.  Courtney and Shawn aleays use the same ploy.

Valued Contributor

How about this one, this item will "elevate" your look. I hope so, I'm short. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a general expression.  For example I tend to wear black pants everyday.  It has become my "uniform" or my go to outfit of choice.  She is not suggesting that anyone wear these as a uniform in the "traditional sense such as scrubs for a doctor, a military or police uniform etc but rather suggesting that one can "live in these" everyday hence they become your "uniform" not associated with job required clothing.

Phrase that urks me?  It's "moneyyyyyyy", implying that if you wear an item you will appear as if you can afford the "very best". 

Super Contributor

LOL!

Occasional Visitor

The thing that is really sad to me, is the stretching of the retail value so much. Like the TSV for today is the Dyson TP7A and all they talk about is how you are saving over $200 by buying today. And, maybe somewhere it is sold for more than #200 more, but i know when I googled it, I can find the exact model at three other retailers for just $20 more, free shipping, same warranty -- and get it the next day!! I have found that more often to be true, and now google everything before i purchase it to make sure it truly is a "value".