Occasional Contributor

Ordered the Spenco sandal in three colors. After coming to my senses I canceled one of them but kept two. The order said they had indeed canceled the one that I had canceled. A few days later, they started putting down a message that said attempting to cancel the order that they had indeed canceled. . Got the sandals yesterday, and lo and behold they sent the canceled pair and another pair and now are saying that the one that I originally ordered ( a few minutes after midnight) are maybe no longer available. Has this ever happened to others?

Valued Contributor

Yes, I had that happen to me. 

I cancelled an order for shoes because I realized I had a coupon I forgot to use. I called customer service and the rep said he couldn't reinstate it and just order again.( It said attempting to cancel.)

I received both orders. Customer service refunded all the shipping costs. I was very happy with customer service.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

If you order something from QVC, assume it is going to come to your house.  It or something you didn't want.  But SOMETHING is coming and you have to deal with it Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

If you order something from QVC, assume it is going to come to your house.  It or something you didn't want.  But SOMETHING is coming and you have to deal with it Woman Frustrated

I laughed at your comments. 😊 because it's a fact, Jack. I recently experienced something similar to what the OP described. Newsflash to self: attempting to cancel means we will pretend to try, but honey, this item is about to be yours. 🤣

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

Just tried to cancel an order I didn't even place and it was like a brick wall. I am done with Q. I enjoy the forums, but don't need the nonsense of CS when they refuse to cancel orders you didn't even place. 

Valued Contributor

I've canceled the same order twice.  It let me do it.  Today I received an email telling me the date my order will ship.  I wonder if I'll get it twice?!?!  If so, back it all goes, on their nickel.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover 

They are NOT refusing to cancel your order.

They CAN'T. 

If you can't cancel, neither can CS OR the mods.

Their system is NOT set up that way.  Perhaps it should, but cancellations are an iffy prospect at best.

As others told you on your own thread, it really isn't so horrific.  You can use EZ returns and get the item credited back VERY FAST.  You don't even have to leave the house, just schedule a free USPS pickup and throw it in the mailbox.

I totally understand being annoyed, but it is easily solved.

So odd you had an order duplicate all by itself.  I have never read that issue before on these boards.  It has never happened to me and I have shopped since CVN.

Valued Contributor
I attempted to cancel a pair of White Mountain sandals. Had the message "attempting to cancel" for several days. Had that message right up to the day they were delivered to my house!! 🤣
Trusted Contributor
Yes. They are not equipped technically for their volume of sales.
Trusted Contributor
That exact thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. It said attempting to cancel. I’m going to start telling my credit card companies to stop payment. QVC is making money on some of these things.