Respected Contributor

There’s a Hairmax 202 which is on QVC and also a 272 on

The Hairmax site. They're saying the one on the Hairmax site is $1,999 and ours is cheaper but it has 272 lights not the 202 like on QVC.

Very deceiving if you ask me.

Anyone use and like this cap?

Does it make your head hot?

Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: There’s a Hairmax 202 which is on QVC and also a 272 on

The Capillus cap on HSN is also 202 and they sell it for $2000. This is the one Dr Denese endorses. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Capillus also has models with different numbers of lasers and pricing varies depending on the number on theirs too.  I guess this one was made specifically for QVC since they don't sell the 202 on their site.  So, yeah, a bit deceptive.  I actully didn't hear them give the price comparison, but I was alreay aware of how much the Cappilus cap cost.  For that difference in price, I could care less which one Dr. Denese endorses.  They use the same technology.  I have the Hairmax hair band and will continue using it.  Would love to have the cap, but can't justify the price.  

Respected Contributor

Tried the wand style. Used it religiously, it did nothing.

Entirely possible my hair loss was too far gone.

Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

@IMWMe, too.  One of my "thin as a burned out forest" spots has been thin for over 40 years;    I wore a wig for years to cpe with that one.  Another larger thinning came with a new med a few years ago and even though we stopped the med, I haven't seen much regrowth.   I do occasionally listen as these devices are pitched -  almost always hear something that tells me to save my money!

Respected Contributor

I am 66 & had noticed I had thinning hair areas.  I did extensive research & purchased the Kiierr 272 Primier cap.  I was able to get a great deal; the cap, shampoo/conditioner & Biotin vitiamins for $825.00.  I have used this system for 4 months now, there is a big improvement!  I was a bit spectacle due to the investment but I am so happy I purchased this.  I couldn't justify paying $1200+ for the other options out there.  One of my Chi's runs under her blankets when I wear it, I guess she doesn't approve, lol!

Super Contributor

All of the Hairmax TSVs have been slightly different than what is offered on the Hairmax site.   Only reason I can think of is they dont want direct competition with the Hairmax site.  I have the wand sold several years ago, and it does make a difference, but  hasnt gotten me to where I was before my hair started thinning.   There are other brands of caps  sold on Amazon at different price points, but not with the guarantee the Q offers.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

IGROWBuying this is tempting, but it's so far out of my budget. It's more than our stimulus checks! I have the Hair Max wand, but it was too tedious to use, so I stopped a long time ago. I bought another "cap like" device QVC sold several years ago. I can't remember it's name, but it's silver, hard hat, with ear muff type things you can hear music, if you want, from them. That device cost $500.00! I just got it out again, and will use that for now. I never knew if it worked until one day, I was getting my hair done, and the girl doing my hair told me she saw a path of new growth across the top of my head. So I guess the technology really does work. It just takes so long, sometimes I give up before I notice a difference.

BTW... Mine is the IGROW.

Occasional Contributor

I think it's a shame that the TSV being offered is a $1,400.00 item at a time when so many people cannot even afford food.  If you can afford this TSV, you might want to consider donating to a local charity or homeless shelter instead.  Just a thought.