Esteemed Contributor

Re: The "Day After" price of TSVs

@Mominohio

Those blankets are really flimsy and barely worth the price..... Q is really making much cheaper products .

Respected Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

QVC doesn't like to discount and as a result is being left behind by the retail world.  I get things at least 66% off and usually 75%+ off over at HSN if I wait a few months.  QVC sells "clearance" items that have been around for years at 10-20% off.  That is not clearance.  It's a promotional price.  I will not consider a clearance item that's more than half the initial ACTUAL (NOT MSRP) price.  I buy from HSN. 

No, Q isn't being left behind.  The profit is good, the business model works for them.  Q doesn't offer discounts because it doesn't need to.   And, yes, we shoppers can decide individually if Q's  pricing practices work for us.  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Just checking in on the Berkshire blankets, the day after they ran them as the TSV.

Today they cost a whole whopping $1.25 more than yesterday.

QVC, stop the hype about some of these TSV prices. I have noticed this repeatedly. Some things are relatively more expensive the next day, but oftentimes, there is just a couple of dollars difference. 

Your TSV pricing used to be a real deal most times, but now you are just making a joke out of all the hype.

But $1.25, that is just ridiculous.

Thanks for the info!  I was interested in those, but wasn't yet sure which pattern to choose.

nice to know I can get it once I'm sure, for a pittance more. 

Trusted Contributor

Because the TSVs are often no real bargin, I wait to see how reviews are on many things.  Many times after reading them I'm glad I waited.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have noticed this slight price difference for several years. They compare the TSV price to the "regular" Q price to make it look like a better deal. Most often the next day the item is at the "fearured" price which is just a few $ more. I will pay those few extra $ rather than incur the cost of a return.

Macy's got in trouble for advertising items at a sale price and listing the regular price for comparison, when the item was never sold at the regular price. They now cannot publish the regular price in their sale ads unless the item was sold for at least a few days at that price. This was noticed first in their housewares items, the Martha Stewart line I believe, and consumers called them on it.

Honored Contributor

There has not been a need to break a sweat to purchase the TSV in years.  They rarely sell out anymore and they are always available at 12:01 am for $5 more (or less).

And anything that's a QVC Exclusive, I run the other way.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I have noticed this slight price difference for several years. They compare the TSV price to the "regular" Q price to make it look like a better deal. Most often the next day the item is at the "fearured" price which is just a few S more. I will pay those few extra $ rather than incur the cost of a return.

Macy's got in trouble for advertising items at a sale price and listing the regular price for comparison, when the item was never sold at the regular price. They now cannot publish the regular price in their sale ads unless the item was sold for at least a few days at that price. This was noticed first in their housewares items, the Martha Stewart line I believe, and consumers called them on it.

Macy's is dead to me.

I was in there yesterday and their new thing is to remove the price tags from their clearance items and post a sign that says 50% off.  Of course, you have no idea what the price is or what the 50% is off of.  This was specifically on their locked down designer handbags.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio

TOTALLY agree.  I will go on to say the statements made about the the other sales channesl are accurate also.  I have been a loyal and huge Q viewer and shopper from their beginning.  I feel I'm not appreciated here anymore.  The other channels offer reduced shipping on specials, really good reductions on their daily specials, discount coupons, etc, etc.  And they have the time payment options also, Q, so you're not offering anything special there anymore. Has the Q gotten too large to remember the shoppers who got them from the set with a chair, a host, and a little coffee table with one item on it?  Me thinks so! 

Respected Contributor

The TS is rarely a great deal.  HSN does do some fantastic deals.  I shop at Costco online (free shipping almost always) or in the store more and more.  They have so many great deals and quality is fantastic.  Returns are super easy.

Esteemed Contributor

Yup, the price difference for a TSV clothing item is usually only a few dollars and there's always plenty left over.

The April Clarisonic Mia2 TSV was a good price at $115 as it came with 4 brush heads and the after TSV price at $124 was also a good price but QVC must have had a lot of the camo colored ones as that ran on heavy rotation on the BeautyIQ channel online here on QVC. So what was really the rush to buy it?