Honored Contributor

The "Day After" price of TSVs

Just checking in on the Berkshire blankets, the day after they ran them as the TSV.

Today they cost a whole whopping $1.25 more than yesterday.

QVC, stop the hype about some of these TSV prices. I have noticed this repeatedly. Some things are relatively more expensive the next day, but oftentimes, there is just a couple of dollars difference. 

Your TSV pricing used to be a real deal most times, but now you are just making a joke out of all the hype.

But $1.25, that is just ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The "Day After" price of TSVs

I've often thought the same thing about TSV prices.

Esteemed Contributor

I have noticed the same thing.  A coupe of times, I went back to "see" a TSV item, after the day it was shown.  The difference between TSV price and one/two days after was miniscule!  TSV prices used to be a real bargain!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC doesn't like to discount and as a result is being left behind by the retail world.  I get things at least 66% off and usually 75%+ off over at HSN if I wait a few months.  QVC sells "clearance" items that have been around for years at 10-20% off.  That is not clearance.  It's a promotional price.  I will not consider a clearance item that's more than half the initial ACTUAL (NOT MSRP) price.  I buy from HSN. 

Honored Contributor

The other day I also checked a TSV the day after and it was a whopping $2.50 more.

At that rate, it doesn't make much sense to buy when it's a TSV.

For $2.50, I'll wait till reviews come in and save at least 50 cents (from $3 'try it'/shipping fee) + the return fee, if I don't like it or it doesn't work for me.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

The other day I also checked a TSV the day after and it was a whopping $2.50 more.

At that rate, it doesn't make much sense to buy when it's a TSV.

For $2.50, I'll wait till reviews come in and save at least 50 cents (from $3 'try it'/shipping fee) + the return fee, if I don't like it or it doesn't work for me.

That or buy it as is when the returns come back.

Honored Contributor

Gone are the days when one needed to rush to buy a TSV, for the most part.  Precious little difference in pricing the next day.  Used to be so much more worthwhile.....and it still is, but only rarely, it seems.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio Generally, a TSV is about 10% off which in the scheme of things is really nothing.  Here in CA our sales tax is over 8%.  It would be a joke if department stores advertised HUGE sales at 10% off, yet the Q does it every day.  I can go to a store and easily see 30% off and sometimes have a coupon.  I refuse to purchase a TSV.  It is a joke.  

Honored Contributor

I don't buy TSVs often.  When I buy a TSV, it's because it's some different or you get extra pieces and I think the price is fair.  I know I'm not getting a steal.  

Valued Contributor

I notice that too. So, sometimes if I am on the fence about a particular item,I might wait and see,but if I really want that item and in a particular color or style and it seems popular,I will buy it...

When HSN has a TS,it really is a TS. The other day they had a Sonic Facial Brush,similar to Clarisonic.The TS price was $119 & Free Shipping,the very next day that same brush was $199 + Shipping. So, that I consider a real TS and it seems HSN pretty mush does that all the time.So, if you really want that item,you should order it.