Regular Contributor

The ipad mini TSV on 12/14/14

I ordered this mini and I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem I have. First, it was told to be the new Ipad mini, it was not. Will never order anything from the gentleman who is a regular on the Q and sold this product, by the way, but my point is that the accessories that came with this are not apple products and are not the accessories shown on TV that particular day. My keyboard just broke that holds the ipad and gives the ipad its hard shell cover. QVC customer service has always been great with products and they have told me I would get a replacement. The first customer service person told me to call the actual distributor of the accessories product and gave me their number. When I called they said they were terribly busy to please email and they were bombarded with calls. I guess so if everyone's accessories were as cheap as mine. I just received this on the 24th of December and it has already broken. Sorry, but no more ordering tech products after this. Has anyone else had problems???? I am hoping the Q will do right by me on this. I am and have been a regular customer for years.

Honored Contributor

Re: The ipad mini TSV on 12/14/14

Why don't you just return it and buy an iPad mini from the Apple store or somewhere else. Since the keyboard broke you can return it as defective and not have to pay shipping. The accessories that they show are never Apple accessories.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

NickNack, I think that is what I will do. I will see what they are going to do first and next time I will definitely go to Apple. The accessories that were shown the day of the presentation were different than what comes with the product. From what I have read on the reviews alot of us are having problems with the accessories either missing or inferior. They are not what was shown that day. Also, the screensaver makes you have to really push several times on the ipad to get thru.

Thanks NickNack, that is probably what I will have to do.

Trusted Contributor

I got this iPad mini w/accessories and have not had any problems. Luv, the "screensaver" you reference is the clear plastic glass protector used during shipping. Remove it and you'll find the iPad to be much more responsive.

Honored Contributor

Return it while you can, and buy one locally and get the kind of case that you like you will save yourself some money

Super Contributor

I never think qvcs ipad bundles are a good deal. I saw that TSV, I beliece it was $399. They never clearly stated in description which version it was but I was pretty sure it was the original ipad mini because the second and third have retina display. I think that's a little confusing for some people who don't know much about apple products. Example, I considered buying a Samsung tablet but there are so many different ones and I honestly would have no idea which is the latest because I don't pay much attention to their products. I purchased an ipad mini for my grandson for Christmas from Walmart around the same time for $199. No it didn't come with all the accessories but I think qvc tries to convince people that they need all the extras while they really don't. I would just return, get the cheaper price and buy the accessories you really need, it will still come out way cheaper I'm sure,
Honored Contributor

This was bought during the ""gift return"" period. Don't bother yourself discussing it with anyone. Just box it up and return it.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/5/2015 Newnick ame said: This was bought during the "gift return" period. Don't bother yourself discussing it with anyone. Just box it up and return it.

I would return this tablet, and buy from Apple. If you have any questions, about the product call Apple.

Regular Contributor

Thank you everybody! Your responses have been so helpful. I normally check behind to be certain of the product but I did not this time because I specifically heard the host and vendor say this was the newest model, so I caved. This to me is not really good without the computer protector, the keyboard has brackets that when you lift up, the ipad goes in them and then you can close the whole thing and the computer has a hard shell, that is what broke and there is no fixing it.

My husband has thrown away the boxes I think, do you guys think that will be a problem with returning?