Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Tolani Kimono is Gorgeous!

@Pecky wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@JenniW wrote:

The red abstract would be gorgeous with the other pieces you've described!

Thanx @JenniW , that's the one I ordered!!!!  Still would like to brighten my wardrobe, but figured the red abstract would work best with I already have.  

Are you going to give it a try?

I ordered that one too.  I love the vibrant colors.  I'm also thinking of ordering the black floral.  I have a black jumpsuit that this would look great with. 

@JenniW@Pecky , great minds think alike - huh ladiesWoman LOL!  @Pecky , I think that black floral would look great with black jumpsuit!!!!!  I'm still considering the patchwork 'cause I'd like to add in more softer colors for summer.  I basically wear tees, tanks and jeans; but that black floral is beautiful, not only for casual but also dressy!

@eddyandmeThe patchwork is beautiful too.  I like they all look great with jeans.  I plan on also wearing the black floral with white jeans. 

That'll look nice also, @Pecky ; also, great colors to wear with most 'dress' slacks!

Valued Contributor

Anyone know what size Jane is wearing?

TIA.

Contributor

Jane T.  mentioned she was wearing the regular xs size as she wanted a longer kimono than the petite.  Hope that helps.

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@JenniW wrote:

Thanx @JenniW , that's the one I ordered!!!!  Still would like to brighten my wardrobe, but figured the red abstract would work best with I already have.  

I ordered that one too.  I love the vibrant colors.  I'm also thinking of ordering the black floral.  I have a black jumpsuit that this would look great with. 

I also ordered the Red Abstract and then said self what the heck and ordered the Black Floral also. I think I will get a lot of use out of these and I also have a Black Jumpsuit. Great idea about wearing one over it. Thanks 😊 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

If you like kimonos I would also suggest Bob Macklemore ones. I have a few and love them. Linea used to have some.

@traveler - How I wish I'd known about Linea when he designed kimonos!

I love kimonos. I taught in Japan. I bought a navy and white yukata (summer kimono) and another one while I was there. When I came back to the states the school gave me an elegant one made to order for me. It's beautiful. In the states I used to give talks about them for different groups and I always wear one when I demonstrate cooking or anything else to do with Japan. It's fun! I've let many students try them on, including the boys, which always gets laughs. 

I have a few from Susan Graver and other brands. 

I had to get the Japanese floral one, although I would have been happy with any of them! I wear mine with everything from a dress to capris or long pants in the summer, and once in a while with a long-sleeved dress in the colder months (if it looks OK). Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

With the pants, "full on glamour".  No.  Full on clown.

LOL!

Contributor

I ended up ordering the black floral, thinking that would be the most versatile with my existing wardrobe. Hope we all love it!

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@JenniW wrote:

I also ordered the Red Abstract and then said self what the heck and ordered the Black Floral also. I think I will get a lot of use out of these and I also have a Black Jumpsuit. Great idea about wearing one over it. Thanks 😊 

@Lucylu12   Those are the two I ordered too!!  Can't wait to get them.

Honored Contributor

I received my red abstract today and it is beautiful.  I have a pair of Side Stitch darker shade wide pants that it looks great with along with many other things.  I can't wait to get the black floral.  This will be a great alternative to wearing a cardi or jacket.  

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the black floral and the red abstract.  I was thinking the same thing @Pecky  to wear instead of a cardigan or jacket which sometimes I don't feel like or the weather is too warm but I just need something to cover.