Honored Contributor

Re: The Tolani Kimono is Gorgeous!

They look light and airy...very nice to add a bit of something extra to an outfit. 

However the prints are just a little too busy for my taste and while they look nice and easy to wear, I don't think they will do anything positive for my figure.  I really don't like wearing items that add visual pounds.

Honored Contributor

They make me think of summer. I wonder if they will be popular. 

Valued Contributor

@JenniW wrote:

What a unique piece with five beautiful prints! I'm in love with four of the five. Actually they're all pretty, I just can't wear yellow. It feels like a window into spring. I think I have to have the blue tie-dye. Is anyone else enchanted?

I ordered the yellow..love patchwork.  Already own three of her tops and the workmanship is wonderful.  I love color and you can wear these with so much.   I am tempted to get another one since the price is so good.

Valued Contributor

I love the Tolani kimonos.  I have several kimonos (I make them) in my closet and I have found them to be flattering regardless of my weight (I am a size 12 but I have also been a size 22).  They are so light and flowy that they avoid that boxy look.  Love the prints.  I think the Maui inspired one (peach and black) is my favorite.  I am thinking about the TSV matching palazzo pants. I can see those with a simple close-fitting black or white tee. I love to sew and palazzo pants are easy to make in theory BUT this Tolani look would be very expensive to reproduce.  This style of pant requires more yardage, PLUS you would need extra to feature the border prints. A print as complex as these would have a high price per yard. IMHO the cost of the pants is very fair at $75 even though at first glance you might think "pricey".  I think I am definitely going to order them.  

Valued Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

@JenniW wrote:

What a unique piece with five beautiful prints! I'm in love with four of the five. Actually they're all pretty, I just can't wear yellow. It feels like a window into spring. I think I have to have the blue tie-dye. Is anyone else enchanted?

I ordered the yellow..love patchwork.  Already own three of her tops and the workmanship is wonderful.  I love color and you can wear these with so much.   I am tempted to get another one since the price is so good.

Later:  I did order the blue floral too.

Esteemed Contributor

Modal fabric is the worst. Cannot even consider it. Anything made just for Q is usually cheapened.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

Very pretty- NO petite pants though I don't thiunk-

@Tinkerbell3They do have petites.

Super Contributor

I like the blue one and I ordered my regular size.  Looks so pretty and I will mostly wear with jeans for a casual boho kinda look.  I just don't seem to go to dress up places as much anymore.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have several Tolani pieces and love them all.  I was ready to order one of these, until I saw the cinching on the back.  Not sure I'd like that.  I love kimonos because of their "flowiness" and I'm thinking that elastic in the back might take away from that flow.  Still considering....... Beautiful colors though. 

Respected Contributor

If you like kimonos I would also suggest Bob Macklemore ones. I have a few and love them. Linea used to have some.