Respected Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

I'm still laughing for when Jill said she wears it to a black tie event......HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

LOL but didn't you hear her say this is the ONLY coat she wears EVERYWHERE!?!?!?

Ummmm I doubt it.........

Super Contributor
I wondered if that coat was popular with anyone. I see people raving about so many synthetic clothing items. Fabrics are so cheap and just awful looking. Uncomfortable as well. Do people realize that many synthetic fabrics, like polyester, are made from plastic?? Plastic! That is why they are so hot. They lie and talk about how cool some of these synthetics are but they are not. This corporation does not even sell any wool products anymore except the wool sweaters imported from Ireland! Not even a wool scarf to be seen! No real suede! Everything is “faux.” Is everyone vegan in this big multinational corporation?? They seem to sell meat on their cooking shows!
Cotton is scarce. Cannot even get cotton pajamas! I have read how cotton growers are being pressured to grow in a more environmentally friendly way…..meaning more price increases! I am sick about what is happening with what is left of industry in this country. Of course what is being sold is not made here but on the other side of the world instead. It seems that the consumer has little input into what they want to buy. We are told what is available and you can take it or leave it.
Respected Contributor

Well...I still wasn't a fan of yesterday's TSV, as it looked too garrish in some of the prints and very bulky to me...but that said....later on I was on IG and I follow (and shop) LOFT...front and center they had a sherpa "coat." Still not something I need or want...but theirs was more streamlined and narrow cut, with a lapel, like a coat (but no buttons.) Not poofy. Though different purposes also, I guess...as one was more a sweater coat and it seemed yesterday's TSV was more "cozy wear" to bundle up in.

Anyway, I guess these are still "a thing" this winter. 

Honored Contributor

When Jill was on with Jennifer and Terri, she said she bought 200 of her sherpa loungers to give to family and friends as gifts.  So be prepared to see 200 reviews that absolutely rave about it with 5 stars for her.

I'd bet a lot of vendors buy a lot of their TSVs to help their sales, but I don't think it was wise to state that on air.  

Frequent Contributor
I purchased the original wearable blanket last year - I wear it every day - not all day long - but at some point of the day I have it on.

My thermostat is set at 60 degrees - and that is where it is staying - I am toasty warm in my wearable blanket.

I, however, wished it wasn’t a slip over - Sooo - this TSV is what I was looking for - easy on/off.

I,however, would not wear it out of the house - hopefully it’s as toasty warm as my wearable blanket
Respected Contributor

Barefoot Dreams and Cuddleduds TSV's coming up in the next two weeks...

If it's sherpa anything, you'll hear screams from Western PA at precisely midnight ET!!!

Stay tuned!!!

Respected Contributor

Hey QVC can you PLEASE ask these vendors of synthetic man made material clothing to mention the washing instructions?

I listened carefully to the presentations and I never heard care instructions.

I DO know that sherpa shacket can be worn to posh celeb weddings, the beach, the opera, NY City streets, Radio City, I know that Shawn and  Courtly came to work one day dressed in the same rag, I know they are "cute' and "on trend" and "focused" and blah blah blah..

What about CARE INSTRUCTIONS?!?!??!

The reason they don't say, in my opinion, is because we ALL know what Sherpa looks like after it's washed once....balled up used tissues comes to mind... with a dose of human and animal hair woven in...

O well. Jill assured us she will continue to bring us MORE Sherpa in the future....WOW I'm...underwhelmed.

I know I can wear it picking pumpkins.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

When Jill was on with Jennifer and Terri, she said she bought 200 of her sherpa loungers to give to family and friends as gifts.  So be prepared to see 200 reviews that absolutely rave about it with 5 stars for her.

I'd bet a lot of vendors buy a lot of their TSVs to help their sales, but I don't think it was wise to state that on air.  

If she bought 200, we are talking over $10,000 !!   What a slap in the face to those struggling with inflation. We are barely getting by while the wealthy 2 percent keep getting richer and richer.

Respected Contributor

@Reever 

Nope.... IF she bought any, she spent about 200.00.

Fifty cents worth of  material, 30 cents to ship here from China, 20 cents for the labor to make them.

( they makes thousands at a time....she just slaps her name on them...just like "Air Fryers" by Emeril, Paula Deen, Curtis Stone ettc....they send the specs to some factory

in Asia and voila...slap thier label on it andit becomes:

"Jill Martin's Sherpa Shacket"!!!

This stuff is made for pennies on the dollar. You surely don't think she's buying her own "creation" for retail do you?!?!??!

At RETAIL no less?!?!?!?!?

Actually, she ain't buying ANY....just a sales spiel.

She's a multi- millionaire....if she gives these as gifts she'd be laughed out of town!!!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@Reever 

Nope.... IF she bought any, she spent about 200.00.

Fifty cents worth of  material, 30 cents to ship here from China, 20 cents for the labor to make them.

( they makes thousands at a time....she just slaps her name on them...just like "Air Fryers" by Emeril, Paula Deen, Curtis Stone ettc....they send the specs to some factory

in Asia and voila...slap thier label on it andit becomes:

"Jill Martin's Sherpa Shacket"!!!

This stuff is made for pennies on the dollar. You surely don't think she's buying her own "creation" for retail do you?!?!??!

At RETAIL no less?!?!?!?!?

Actually, she ain't buying ANY....just a sales spiel.

She's a multi- millionaire....if she gives these as gifts she'd be laughed out of town!!!

@Othereeeen ,  Thank you for the insight on pricing and distribution. I had no idea how these things work.  Always feel empowered when I am provided with knowledge.