Respected Contributor

Re: The TSV Jacket is Disappointing

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't care for this at all.  It almost looks like a lab coat or something.  There is something about it that is just so bad.  The belt to me is useless and without the belt, it's even worse. 

I heard this morning that this was inspired by a jacket Halston did in 1972 but I didn't see the original jacket.  I wonder what it looked like. 

This is horribly disappointing. 

@Lipstickdiva a poster posted a picture of the 1972 magazine cover showing the jacket in the TSV forum

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Today-s-Special-Value/HALSTON-TSV-SEPT-28TH-2016/m-p/3166072#U3166072

Honored Contributor

Thank you @DJs mom. That is quite a stretch.  They look nothing alike at all.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

Please use descriptive statements rather than ".......looks so cheap.......".

I have no idea what that means to you.

@violann

Hi. Good point!  I think " cheap" is a personal assessment. I just offered an opinion. You need to look for yourself. What I thought looked cheap was the total look created by skinny placket and skinny trim banding the collarless neck, the too-drapery, almost nightgown look of the obviously thin and rather shiny fabric on the body of the so-called " jacket," and the chintzy skinny tie belt,which some hosts and models tied at the back like the, sorry, cheap summer tops you see some women wear. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann

Hi. Good point!  I think " cheap" is a personal assessment. I just offered an opinion. You need to look for yourself. What I thought looked cheap was the total look created by skinny placket and skinny trim banding the collarless neck, the too-drapery, almost nightgown look of the obviously thin and rather shiny fabric on the body of the so-called " jacket," and the chintzy skinny tie belt,which some hosts and models tied at the back like the, sorry, cheap summer tops you see some women wear. 

@libbyannE@Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to write more detail. 

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@violann wrote:

@violann

@libbyannE@Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to write more detail. 

@violann

You are welcome. Good editing job on your part: I should have been specific. No one else may agree with how I see it, but how can they know if I don't take time to explain? I learned something thanks to you.

Valued Contributor

It looks like a bathrobe to me.  Colors are lovely.  It has zero style.  Personally I dont care for faux suede or leather.  Always looks cheap no matter what they say.

Esteemed Contributor

I never saw the presentation of the jacket until I watched the video. I think this is not flattering. The only way it looked somewhat nice is if  the jacket was left open. Otherwise, if you zipped it and tied it  the jacket looked terrible. I just saw Jill in it and the jacket was way too small.  I don't know why they can't have a nice looking jacket instead of these that are not wearable. I know the reviews were all five stars but it was hard to believe after looking at the models. Even the petite model did not look good in the jacket once they zipped it and belted it.  For me, this is a no go.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't care for this at all.  It almost looks like a lab coat or something.  There is something about it that is just so bad.  The belt to me is useless and without the belt, it's even worse. 

I heard this morning that this was inspired by a jacket Halston did in 1972 but I didn't see the original jacket.  I wonder what it looked like. 

@Lipstickdiva a poster posted a picture of the 1972 magazine cover showing the jacket in the TSV forum

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Today-s-Special-Value/HALSTON-TSV-SEPT-28TH-2016/m-p/3166072#U3166072

They look absolutely NOTHING alike!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I think it looks worse zipped and belted.  

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva~~~I used to have lab coats that were more stylish!