Esteemed Contributor

Re: The 'No Socks" Trend --Not For Me!

Are socks those things that the dryer eats?  I think they went out along with the panty hose never to be seen again. 

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Are socks those things that the dryer eats?  I think they went out along with the panty hose never to be seen again. 

Not for all of us.  I wear pantyhose with pumps.

Respected Contributor

I wear socks all the time.   Unless it's a pair of sandals I always put on socks with all of my shoes and boots.

We always leave our shoes at the door and never wear them inside the house so for me socks are mandatory.    I wouldn't want to be walking all around my floors in my bare feet.  

When I wake up in the morning I always put on my bedroom slippers.  

I just like the feeling of something on my feet.

Honored Contributor

Can't stand hot feet, no socks with sport sneakers, but do with snow boots. I wear nude nylons with fashion sneakers, all other shoes, knee-hi with pants, pantyhose with skirts that I only occasionally wear anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

One wonderful discovery with the mesh tops is that they are so breezy.  Keeps your feet cool.  Best without sox.

Respected Contributor

No one says you can’t wear socks if you want to.

I rarely wear sock. Sometimes no shows with my running shoes or trouser socks with high boots so the zipper doesn’t catch the skin on my leg, but otherwise no.
Frequent Contributor

As a diabetic, I must wear socks to protect the feet from rubs that will create sores.  It can be life threatening, had a cousin who died because of getting a wound on his foot and never recovered.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@RespectLife Thank you for your review.  I can't wear shoes without socks because my feet do sweat up a storm.  I didn't know though there was something called shoe poo-pourri.  I'll have to check that out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't get it....  I only go without socks in pure heat of summer. My feet sweat constantly wearing any enclosed shoe without socks, yuck- I love socks, they add cushion, softness and warmth-  

Respected Contributor

I hardly ever wear socks. I don't like the look of socks with certain clothing. Leggings for instance don't look right to me with socks. Skirts and shorts- no. White socks sticking out of pants- no way Jose!