Frequent Contributor

Thanks for considering all skin tones QVC

Want to know how it feels to be dehumanized?

Lump everyone of darker skin into one shade.

Thanks QVC for considering everyone that watches and spends money on your company.

Black people are not a monolith.

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Thanks for considering all skin tones QVC

[ Edited ]

@achyrelle

AMEN, AMEN and AMEN!!!  

Trusted Contributor

I've remarkded on this before. If all of your hosts can't wear the make-up, maybe you should demand more of your vendors.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love to Run wrote:

I've remarkded on this before. If all of your hosts can't wear the make-up, maybe you should demand more of your vendors.

@Love to Run  In most cases it's not the vendor at all -- it's QVC.  Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, It Cosmetics, Clinique -- they ALL have a broader range of shades, and in some instances, it's a much broader range of shades.  It's QVC that decides what shades to offer their customers. 

I wear Bare Minerals Pro liquid foundation in a perfect match.  I buy it from their own website because QVC does not carry my shade.

QVC fancies itself as being all inclusive, but they have a hard time catching up to that marketing pitch.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Love to Run wrote:

@Love to Run  In most cases it's not the vendor at all -- it's QVC.  Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, It Cosmetics, Clinique -- they ALL have a broader range of shad, and in some instances, it's a much broader range of shades.  It's QVC that decides what shades to offer their customers. 

I wear Bare Minerals Pro liquid foundation in a perfect match.  I buy it from their own website because QVC does not carry my shade.

QVC fancies itself as being all inclusive, but they have a hard time catching up to their marketing pitch.

@Caaareful ShopperI purchase my exact shade of Bare Minerals from the Q, but it was not included in the TSV offerings so I assumed the vendor made the decision about who's in and who's out, but of course you could be right. Either way, it's time they get it right.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@achyrelle wrote:

Thanks QVC for considering everyone that watches and spends money on your company.

Thanks.

@achyrelle.  Perhaps you've missed the many posts on this board from women who couldn't find foundation shades sold here, that were light enough for them. 

Frequent Contributor

@september wrote:

@achyrelle wrote:

Thanks.

@achyrelle.  Perhaps you've missed the many posts on this board from women who couldn't find foundation shades sold here, that were light enough for them. 

this a real response? This is meant to bait me. I certainly understand that that Bare Minerals TSV was lacking in many shades all over the spectrum. The six or seven shades they offered left many women out of light, medium, and darker shades.
You seemed to be tone deaf. What I said in my original post is still true. One shade to cover a spectrum of dark skinned ladies is not enough. To act like all black women wear the same shade is insulting and dehumanizing. Your effort to downgrade my concern does more of the same.

Contributor

@achyrelle

AMEN!!  That's how you do it!!!