Valued Contributor

Re: Temp-tations tsv- NO COFFEE CUPS???

Have any colours sold out? Last night, they were saying the Egg Hunt wouldn't make it to ITKWD, but I see that its on the website still. Some single items have lost some colours, and I am one who bought a single item, the 2 quart basket weave bowl in Oceanfetti. Is it the price holding you back?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

Have any colours sold out? Last night, they were saying the Egg Hunt wouldn't make it to ITKWD, but I see that its on the website still. Some single items have lost some colours, and I am one who bought a single item, the 2 quart basket weave bowl in Oceanfetti. Is it the price holding you back?

@LisaMofSLC .  Egg hunt just sold out.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven 

I had to chuckle at the reference also!  Believe me as a fairly new collector of Fiestaware there is no comparison.  The weight of Fiesta bakeware alone is quite noticeable vs. the thickness of Temptations.

I love the patterns of Temptations FL and I own many pieces but no way is the quality equal!

The TSV is wierd to me why "sculptural basketweave" and tea wash over coloring ?  At first I thought they were white background but watched demo on 80" HD at friends house & boy can you see the flaws (ie, painting, coloring).

JMO

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the "tea wash."  I have plain white dishes and to me the tea stain with them would look dirty or old.  I don't need a set of dishes.  Also, aren't the TT dishes heavy?  I like to watch sometime, but I doubt I will order any more TT.  I have several sets of baking dishes, bowls, etc.  Mine are mostly solid color with the raised Old World pattern.  I think since they were bought when the line was new, they are probably better quality than  what is sold now.  So far I have never had any crack in the oven.  Mine must be 10 years old or more.

Occasional Contributor

Sad to say, but found the design to be just horrible. So busy, odd pieces, and so unlike the floral lace I love. No teal in sight either. Isn't it close enough to spring to bring out the teal, lime. etc., though truth be told, I would never buy this set. 

Honored Contributor

I actually find coffee cups a waste of space.  I have some as part of my fine china if I really needed them, but otherwise never use them.  We have mugs but mostly I just use a Contigo thermal container so my tea stays hot for a long time.  I like Temp-tations, especially the basketweave pattern, but find it too busy for a dinnerware set.