Frequent Contributor

Re: Temp-tations tsv- NO COFFEE CUPS???

[ Edited ]

Tara said last night that the little cups were for dessert - like ice cream or pudding!

Valued Contributor

This morning Tara called them "ramekins."  

No temptations for me.  I had to laugh, this morning Mary made a reference to the "factory seconds" (meaning Fiesta Ware) her mother used to order.  She claimed Temptations is way better quality.

As a Fiestaware collector, I can promise you the quality -- even with factory seconds -- is WAY better than Temptations.  It never chips, it's heavier, and it performs beautifully in the oven.  I've had mine for years.  And, It's made in America which I love.

Some of the Temptations patterns are pretty, but I'll pass!!

Respected Contributor

That TSV is way too expensive for me.  When you add shipping it's almost $100.  I'll still to my Corelle set I found at a thrift store for $20.  I was able to find cups to match on E-Bay. 

Trusted Contributor

If you poured hot coffee into those pedestal cups wouldn't they be too hot to pick up?  Where is the handle Tara?

Honored Contributor

This morning Tara and Carolyn said many, many posters said, “enough with the coffee mugs in every set!” They said customers felt they had too many coffee mugs and they just give them away.  

So that’s why they decided to do the pedestal or parfait cups in this set.  

Basketweave is not to my liking anyway, so it was an easy pass for me.  

I really like her Tara at Home Collection.  I wish she’d do a TSV dinnerware set to match these mugs in that collection: 

F774AFEF-5A33-4ADB-A6D2-52DF5D8EA081.jpeg

New Contributor

I agree with comments. Why would you make a dishware set that did not include coffee mugs. They should have made this set at least in six place settings. Most buyers really need more than 4 place settings and it is too expensive to order two sets. The bowls are also too large.  There is not a mug available separately in the basket weave pattern that you could even buy to add to this set if you wanted it.  I really love the basketweave pattern in the floral lace and would really have liked to buy this set but its only 4 place settings  with no mug so it's not an option. 

Trusted Contributor

I wasn't going to order anyway, I don't need dishes, but I thought it was strange not to include cups. I think the dishes are pretty, though. If I needed some, I would probably get the spring.

Honored Contributor

They may have other cups to match as an additional purchase.  I haven't watched any of the presentations or any QVC today.

Valued Contributor

Bear in mind the plates are smaller than average for Temptations.  Dinner plate 10 inches, typically 10.75 inches.  Salad plate 7 inches, typically closer to 8+ inches.   So that may work for some but personally I like the larger dinner/salad plates.  Besides that I have a bunch of TT dinnerware and don't want/need another whole set.

Valued Contributor

I think the pedestal cups are meant for desserts.