Esteemed Contributor

Teeter Recumbent Trainer on HSN Today

Does anyone know anything about this?  It is a small version of the Octane machine that I use at the Y, and I am giving serious thought to purchasing this.  With Covid still rampant, I feel like I am just throwing money away at the Y, since the Octane is the only machine that I use.  Two weeks ago, I could not even get on the machine because a young man was sleeping on it for the full hour that I was there.  Staff is not permitted to say anything that could be construed as negative, so I used another machine and paid the price with my knee.  My trainer at the Y says that this might be good for me and we could continue my training either on Zoom or at my home.  Opinions please!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Teeter Recumbent Trainer on HSN Today

@SXMGirl wrote:

Does anyone know anything about this?  It is a small version of the Octane machine that I use at the Y, and I am giving serious thought to purchasing this.  With Covid still rampant, I feel like I am just throwing money away at the Y, since the Octane is the only machine that I use.  Two weeks ago, I could not even get on the machine because a young man was sleeping on it for the full hour that I was there.  Staff is not permitted to say anything that could be construed as negative, so I used another machine and paid the price with my knee.  My trainer at the Y says that this might be good for me and we could continue my training either on Zoom or at my home.  Opinions please!

@SXMGirl  Did you buy it?  I would have loved too....but my husband would have given me the evil eye🙁

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I am on the fence about it.  DH doesn't care if I get it.  I have not been happy as I continue to pay my Y membership fees, as well as personal training fees, and this machine would be paid for in less than a year just in the savings from the Y.  My one concern is that I could easily stay in my home and never leave, but the Y gets me out of the house, and when classes are going, I socialize.  I did like that there are youtube videos to work out with.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Never tried it.  If I had the money, I would totally buy it though.  Teeter makes quality products.  Everything I''ve bought from his company has been great.  Tell us how you like it!